who will get bigger crowds next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even if we have a really shit season and they have a good one we'll have a bigger average attendance than 'big club' Leeds.

Us, they get poor crowds given their catchment area. The pricing structure that they have to deal with in recent years has not helped them mind.

All things considered though, awful club, awful fans and just an insular set of hillbillies.

Sunderland.
Leeds highest average attendance in the last 10 seasons was 16/17 with 27,698.
When they played Newcastle it was the first time in years they'd sold out for a league fixture

Sunderland averaged 41,287 last season and I'd expect that to drop slightly because you're in the Championship, but bounce back if you're in the promotion race.
Aston Villa averaged 32,107 last season and I'd expect to stay the same or improve slightly should they be in the promotion race.
Over the past 5 seasons Leeds have had average attendances of 23,283, 21,572, 25,088, 24,276, and 22,446.

Based on that you should comfortably have the biggest attendances in the 2nd flight. And if I've learned anything over decades of hearing this conversation, it's really, really important.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

Us, they get poor crowds given their catchment area. The pricing structure that they have to deal with in recent years has not helped them mind.

All things considered though, awful club, awful fans and just an insular set of hillbillies.

Brilliant city tho, love Leeds me but detest the football club and their moronic element.

If we hit the ground running a win our first 4 or 5 games we will see crowds of 42k plus. If we do as I expect we will average 33 to 35k. Either way we will see bigger crowds than Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back