Who was a regular match attender in the third division

Was Chester boxing day - I took the car and it broke down took ages for the AA to turn up and we got there at half time. This lad showed us how to open one of the doors to the turnstiles and we were in and jumped over the closed turnstile
Yes it was, we were in the seats in the main stand, plenty of the Arab branch there that day

My first proper season I went to about half the home games. Loved the Patrick shirts anarl
Still got my home shirt in the loft from that season

Last edited:
I was away at College but saw plenty of home games and went to a few away games like York (one of the few losses) and Rotherham. It was a great season. I don't get the feeling this season will be as good unless we start planning for the new squad now.

I didn’t enjoy the football on the pitch, but that’s not to say I did not enjoy the look out. Just as I do when I watch the likes of Spennymoor. But if I was watching Spennymoor from 50 rows back in an empty 48 seater stadium or on sky I would hate it.
The match is one of the least important things about gannin to the match.

Main stand paddocks Roker end....loved it thoughtit was gonna be a long hard season at first till a certain mr Gabbiadini exploded onto the scene

My first season going on my own.
Me too I was 15, went to about 8 away games also
Saw loads of goals, was there a 7-0 and a 7-1 I seem to recall. Eric Gates piling in with a load of goals and assists for Marco
Brilliant season, got lucky with Marco. I suppose you can compare Reidy getting lucky with Phillips exactly the same
That’s what’s needed again a lucky break with a striker who will score 20-30 goals

Back