Who was a regular match attender in the third division

But it wasn’t , you me and countless others have been drip fed modern sky premiere league shite for decades where the sole aim is to survive and to watch the same 4 teams battle it out at the top and to pay stupid prices for the privilege whilst making greedy agents and players rich beyond our wildest dreams.
I’ve enjoyed watching lower league Spennymoor for a few years now and I’m in no doubt that with the correct pricing and a decent new hungry team we will see newer younger generation of Safc fans coming to watch us. The momentum will build and hopefully things will be like they were back under Riedy .

I didn’t enjoy the football on the pitch, but that’s not to say I did not enjoy the look out. Just as I do when I watch the likes of Spennymoor. But if I was watching Spennymoor from 50 rows back in an empty 48 seater stadium or on sky I would hate it.

Rotherham away was an eventful day, one of the best and funniest away trips I've had.
One thing though, back then, we seemed to have players who had connected with the fans, who felt part of the club, we don't seem to have that right now.

I didn’t enjoy the football on the pitch, but that’s not to say I did not enjoy the look out. Just as I do when I watch the likes of Spennymoor. But if I was watching Spennymoor from 50 rows back in an empty 48 seater stadium or on sky I would hate it.
That’s the problem “on sky” and all seater soulless stadiums. Lower leagues like Spennymoor your on the pitch nearly. The lower bowl if we get a hungry younger team winning will be full and a very decent atmosphere.

A great season.
From the first game at Brentford with the locals giving it large until they saw bus after bus after bus arriving to the town of Burslem shutting up for the day in fear of trouble just like a cowboy western.
Let's make next season the same!
Brentford!
I’d been down here a few years by then. Our boss said keep away from The Red Lion it’s a bit tasty. We started in The Swan opposite Hammersmith tubes cos it was still under a pound a pint in there. Bus to Kew Bridge, think we had one in each pub there. Then set off in the direction of The Red Lion.....hundreds of bodies in red n White around it. Hmmmmm..... Hang about there’s so and so. Whatsisnames lot are ower there. Gordon the bucket wandered past looking for cars to wash. It’s our lot! Tasty my arse.
To the younguns: make the most of it as it’ll be more fun than going to the big city clubs. You’ll get a few war stories out of it even though the games been sanitised since.

My first season, so many others have said the same. Still got the official VHS 'Goals of a Championship Season' but havent got anything to watch it on anymore.

For the home games I think it was one gadgy with his own video camera sitting in the little hut on top of the clockstand. :lol:

I went to fair few games, don’t think I saw us lose! Was at Blackpool, Chester, Rotherham, Preston, the Wigan mudslide amongst others

Was Chester boxing day - I took the car and it broke down took ages for the AA to turn up and we got there at half time. This lad showed us how to open one of the doors to the turnstiles and we were in and jumped over the closed turnstile

Back