Who on here shoots with a Canon 7D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a good company. Only thing you might have a problem with is delivery. They are good, but not amazing. I ordered on friday, exclude the weekend, and it came today.

Maybe an email explaining the situation might help, they might let you get it quicker. They seem very personal compared a lot of other businesses, so worth a shout.

Yeah that's my worry tbh... Have e-mailed them to see what they say but if all else fails I'll be giving Jessops nearly £1200 of my overdraft.

How has that been working out for you?

fantastic. On their rating the lens was Exc++ (one down from mint condition)

and in all fairness it does look or feel like the lens has ever been used. For what it is it's a great lens. Feels a little stiff at times but you get that with tamron and sigmas I find. Very fast focusing, fastest id had until this new canon lens.

The website is updated loads and they always have new kit. Also heard the part exchange is good and you don't get a raw deal. Can see it being helpful when you need an upgrade on lenses etc.

Delivery is amazing as well. (if a bit pricey) its 8quid next day. I paid 16 quid as i was off to berlin on the monday and ordered it friday morning, got it first thing on sat.

Yeah that's my worry tbh... Have e-mailed them to see what they say but if all else fails I'll be giving Jessops nearly £1200 of my overdraft.

there is nothing worse than having to get something, and at such short notice, at such a price!

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/used-equipment/used-digital-slr-cameras/used-canon-digital-slr-cameras/?viewall=1&filter=price%20DESC

they are worth a shout. Used but top quality and very fast delivery.

Thanks I've had a look and at nearly £900 with only a 6 month warranty and who knows what shutter count I'd be loath to go with them. I'd probably go with the grey importer and the longer warranty and a shot count of zero.

Now that's in normal circumstances, but as I'm a bit fooked for time at the moment I'll keep them in mind as it may actually be the better option out of the limited ones I have :)

Thanks I've had a look and at nearly £900 with only a 6 month warranty and who knows what shutter count I'd be loath to go with them. I'd probably go with the grey importer and the longer warranty and a shot count of zero.

Now that's in normal circumstances, but as I'm a bit fooked for time at the moment I'll keep them in mind as it may actually be the better option out of the limited ones I have :)

I just ordered my 24-105mm from these yesterday and they are offering the 7D with a free 3 year warranty (3rd party I would imagine). They said I should have the lens within 3-5 working days as they work a rolling stock system. I have saved nearly £300 on the price of what WEX are selling the lens for.
http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-494-p.asp

I just ordered my 24-105mm from these yesterday and they are offering the 7D with a free 3 year warranty (3rd party I would imagine). They said I should have the lens within 3-5 working days as they work a rolling stock system. I have saved nearly £300 on the price of what WEX are selling the lens for.
http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-494-p.asp

Yeah I've looked at them recently but as I'd be ordering less than a week before I'd need it I couldn't take the risk on it not arriving in time. It's a difficult situation I find myself in as if mine comes back from Canon I don't need to buy a new one, so am hanging on as late as I dare which rules out any company who doesn't guarantee next day delivery really.

That price 'held to 8th august' is like a SCS sofa sale btw, it's been doing that for the last week where every time it expires there's the exact same 'help to' but with a new date :lol:

Sneaky buggers

I have to admit I'm a little shocked at some of you one here with your 5d mark 2's and mark 3's and £900 walk around lenses :lol:

Here's me rocking up to do weddings with a 7d and a tamron lens... I hope to god none of you are ever guests with your 'walk about' gear and are standing there making my equipment look like some amateur who's just rocked up :p

I have to admit I'm a little shocked at some of you one here with your 5d mark 2's and mark 3's and £900 walk around lenses :lol:

Here's me rocking up to do weddings with a 7d and a tamron lens... I hope to god none of you are ever guests with your 'walk about' gear and are standing there making my equipment look like some amateur who's just rocked up :p

It's what you do with it that counts marra.... and your stuff is a damn site better than mine :lol:

It's what you do with it that counts marra.... and your stuff is a damn site better than mine :lol:

Haha well yeah the tools need to be in the right hands that's true but I still dread the day I'm at a wedding and some of the guests are standing around with their mark iii's and giving me a funny look because I have a 7d and a 40d as my backup. :lol:

Haha well yeah the tools need to be in the right hands that's true but I still dread the day I'm at a wedding and some of the guests are standing around with their mark iii's and giving me a funny look because I have a 7d and a 40d as my backup. :lol:
So do you do wedding photography full time Andy?

So do you do wedding photography full time Andy?

No not yet anyway, still have the day job sadly.

I'm not sure it's possible to make a living from only doing weddings tbh, so I'm trying to build up my commercial photo work too (recently did some stuff for Northumbria Uni), but as I work full time, and commercial stuff needs to be shot during the week when I'm at work it's not really an easy thing to do, and as such I'm more just doing weddings and a tiny bit of commerical every now and then.

I only set up the business in October last year btw so I'm not really an Oracle on the pro photographer business tbh... I've shot 5 weddings so far and have another 7 booked in for this year, plus a couple for 2013 confirmed. So still finding my feet in the world of pro photography :)

No not yet anyway, still have the day job sadly.

I'm not sure it's possible to make a living from only doing weddings tbh, so I'm trying to build up my commercial photo work too (recently did some stuff for Northumbria Uni), but as I work full time, and commercial stuff needs to be shot during the week when I'm at work it's not really an easy thing to do, and as such I'm more just doing weddings and a tiny bit of commerical every now and then.

I only set up the business in October last year btw so I'm not really an Oracle on the pro photographer business tbh... I've shot 5 weddings so far and have another 7 booked in for this year, plus a couple for 2013 confirmed. So still finding my feet in the world of pro photography :)
Sounds good mate. Had a look at your website and looks good. Done a few civil partnerships have you? ;)

Sounds good mate. Had a look at your website and looks good. Done a few civil partnerships have you? ;)

Haha yeah... sadly my first ever viewing of a lesbian kiss in real life wasn't quite how I expected :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back