Who IYHO is

As a solo artist, it's either Elvis or Michael Jackson. Dylan is brilliant but he's beloved of music fans, not the general public. (which is not to say that music fans aren't the general public)

No matter how much you say it, you are wrong.
No, i'm right. Elvis, The Beatles, Bowie, The Stones (Keef luvved Dylan), Hendrix - all revered Dylan. Dylan is objectively THE rock icon.

See this picture. Bob Knows, of course he knows :cool:

Logon or register to see this image

As a solo artist, it's either Elvis or Michael Jackson. Dylan is brilliant but he's beloved of music fans, not the general public. (which is not to say that music fans aren't the general public)
Correct, music and Dylan fans are not exclusive. But I bet the `general public' would recognise Bob in a photo if they saw one. This sort of stuff is objective to a point, but there is a point that you make a subjective judgement - so Dylan wins, objectively.

Last edited:
No, i'm right. Elvis, The Beatles, Bowie, The Stones (Keef luvved Dylan), Hendrix - all revered Dylan. Dylan is objectively THE rock icon.

See this picture. Bob Knows, of course he knows :cool:

Logon or register to see this image

Correct, music and Dylan fans are not exclusive. But I bet the `general public' would recognise Bob in a photo if they saw one. This sort of stuff is objective to a point, but there is a point that you make a subjective judgement - so Dylan wins, objectively.
Nope. You are definitely wrong.

I would say Bowie but personally for me Ian Brown when I was young, everything about the fella, the confidence, the look, the music etc.

Magnificent tache on that gadgie.
You look like lassie with acne,
You dance like Biffo the Bear,
Your clothes are all made by Bernards,
And there's lice and spunk in your hair,And up your back
you know you're slack.
CHORUS
So where do you go to my lovely, When you're alone in your pit?
Tell me your thoughts that surround you,
When you're having a spine shattering shit.
You live in a fancy compartment,
In one of Her Majesty's Ships,
With Four Hundred and twenty young Fishheads,
Each one of them gives you the shits, Yes they do....
Your name it is heard in high places,
You know the Buffer quite well,
He gave you a Dildo for Christmas,
And you use it for ringing the bell,
Yes you do, Ding-a-ling....
Do you remember the Embassy party?
I recall that you caused quite a stir,
Sliding down the banister,
With your Piss flaps going: Brr brrrr, brr brrrr, brr brrrr.
I remember the back streets of Gosport,
Your arsehole all gaping and wide,
I remember that I popped my head in,
And the rest of the mess was inside,
Playing Draughts for a laugh, Ha ha ha....
I know where you go to my lovely,
When you're alone in your pit,
I know the thoughts that surround you,
Cos I know that you're just full of SHIT

Elvis is THE rock and roll star. Not THE rock star. He rocked but he didn't really play rock music.
Dylan sometimes rocked and sometimes played rock music. But his music comes from the brain and the heart, not the groin. Rock music is from the groin.
Wacko might have wanted to rock with you but he never rocked. When he tried it like on Dirty Diana it was wank. Beat It was a little better.
The iconic rock star has to come from somewhere around Lee Zeppelin or The Stones really. Unless you give it to Coverdale but that would be silly :lol:

Back