Who is still awake and why

Rhubarb

Central Defender
Suffering with depression bad! Can’t sleep mind won’t switch off. Currently watching American pie 2.

Oh what a f***ing life.

Just posted on depression thread today I’ve drabk 16 strongbow 4 Smirnoff ice and fifty bag of coke to escape. I’m already on sertraline and beta blockers and antibiotics at minute. I’m just on trying to fuck mesel up. Don’t want sympathy my own fault

Get help mate. Sounds like you have had some already but find someone to talk to.

Can't just rely on the meds.

P. S. FYI, I'm up watching the Walking Dead. Should really gan to sleep though.

My sleeping pattern seems to not exist. I'll have days where I sleep 15 hours then days where I'll be lucky to get 3. On a health kick and I rarely drink or eat shit any more so fuck knows. Probably be closer to 4am before I get to sleep but I'm off tomorrow so alarms set for 9am and we go again.

Judging by your posts here, you need to talk and vent to someone. I can suggest that once you're sober and not on a comedown, start writing a journal. Go back as far as you can remember the depression setting in and go through, in detail, events you recall properly setting you off. I did this and covered three years of my life from 15-18, and haven't had to add to it since I was 19. I'm 23 now.

Doing a CV.. for a job application that closes Friday.. 23 years since I did one... won't sleep until it's finished.

Just having a break for five..

Op you already know this but the drink and drugs won't help mate... stay off them and go to the doctors...

Good luck

Take up some form of exercise - it's proven to be beneficial and will certainly help you sleep. Just don't do anything strenuous a few hours before you go to bed.

I’m watching Neil Oliver on about the Stone Age. I could turn it off as it’s a download and watch the rest tomorrow. I just have an aversion to going to bed...until I can stay awake no longer. Each morning the kids wake up at 7 bells and I feel exhausted. I tell myself I need to start going to bed earlier as a routine. I never seem to be able to do it. Got one of those Self journal things I might start to see if it helps.

It's not even 6 pm here.

Just posted on depression thread today I’ve drabk 16 strongbow 4 Smirnoff ice and fifty bag of coke to escape. I’m already on sertraline and beta blockers and antibiotics at minute. I’m just on trying to fuck mesel up. Don’t want sympathy my own fault

I know it feels good for a little while at the time, but the booze and coke make it harder for the meds, especially the sertraline, to get into balance with your body. How long you been on sertraline? (It often takes a while to kick in for some people, which is why I ask.) Things suck when your brain's fucked up, but one of my best friends recently saw a vast improvement on SSRIs like sertraline once he kicked the booze and weed.

It's not even 6 pm here.

I know it feels good for a little while at the time, but the booze and coke make it harder for the meds, especially the sertraline, to get into balance with your body. How long you been on sertraline? (It often takes a while to kick in for some people, which is why I ask.) Things suck when your brain's fucked up, but one of my best friends recently saw a vast improvement on SSRIs like sertraline once he kicked the booze and weed.
Been taking sertraline for two month now. I have been drinking more and more lately trying to knock myself out as I’m not sleeping at all. I know this is not the right way. I’m going to try and keep offdeink from Tom.

I’m watching Neil Oliver on about the Stone Age. I could turn it off as it’s a download and watch the rest tomorrow. I just have an aversion to going to bed...until I can stay awake no longer. Each morning the kids wake up at 7 bells and I feel exhausted. I tell myself I need to start going to bed earlier as a routine. I never seem to be able to do it. Got one of those Self journal things I might start to see if it helps.
I have exactly the same problem. I've slipped to post 5am feeling like a normal bedtime recently. Mind, I don't have kids waking me. I'm amazed you can function on that little sleep.

I'm trying to force myself into an 'early night', which would be the next half hour. No online backgammon, no youtube.

Back