Who has the worst job on a hot day like today.

Lord Alfred

Striker
I'm off work today and having a beer in the Red Lion beer garden after a walk and gym session.

Anyone's day not quite as enjoyable as that?

Had a wander round Prague old town with the boy, let him spend some cash in hamleys, been for dinner in the place that's a massive model railway and brings your drinks on the trains - now hiding from the heat with a couple of pints before our train home - seen some lads tarmacing the road earlier I'll take my day over theirs, they must be frying

Going for a boat ride down the Ottawa river,nice weather today,we had it up to 42 degrees with the humidex last week,I spoke to a Brit guy last week when it was sweltering here,he loves the summer but can’t hack the winters here so I see going back to blighty after 3 years,the grass isn’t always greener.

There was a bloke out fitting slates on the roof of a house the other side of the wheat field. They’d already tiled the side in the shade so he was going to be in full sun all day.

Then the combines rolled up to cut the wheat as I was leaving.

Working from home (office would be stifling).
Long tea break in yard getting some Ray's. Walk down to Roker for lunch. Tea break now in the sun.
Not bad at all for a days pay.

Had a wander round Prague old town with the boy, let him spend some cash in hamleys, been for dinner in the place that's a massive model railway and brings your drinks on the trains - now hiding from the heat with a couple of pints before our train home - seen some lads tarmacing the road earlier I'll take my day over theirs, they must be frying
They resurfaced our road on the hottest day of the year last summer. Slap bang in the middle of the heatwave. No one used the road for 3 weeks afterwards as the tar never really hardened.

My ex used to work in her dad’s chip shop when she was a teenager. I used to get sent to the shop to collect a Saturday evening fish supper for our family.

When we got together about 10 years later she told me that in hot weather she’d just wear her knickers under those white coats that chippy workers have on.

Next time you’re in a chip shop you may not be able to look at big hairy Stavros the same way again.

Back