who grew up in the 80's/ 90's

1990 numbnuts. :lol:

A night out was certainly more edgey back then. Guaranteed to see bother on a Friday night out down the town whereas now hardlys ever.
Never went out with out seeing a fight or some sort of aggro happening. Every fucker just was out looking for a windmill. High street and the bars around that way were terrible for it.

Mobile phones have made it easier for the police to catch people windmilling these days.

Music was considerably better in the 80s and 90s.
Never went out with out seeing a fight or some sort of aggro happening. Every fucker just was out looking for a windmill. High street and the bars around that way were terrible for it.

Mobile phones have made it easier for the police to catch people windmilling these days.

More bother then, but you're more likely to be stabbed now imo.

1990 numbnuts. :lol:

A night out was certainly more edgey back then. Guaranteed to see bother on a Friday night out down the town whereas now hardlys ever.
Kids are absolutely no bother compared to back then .I think that’s mainly due to the rise of gaming /social media which has made them into zombies that you can’t get out their bedrooms .I suppose it’s better than ram raiding and TWOC’ing like kids used to do
Music was considerably better in the 80s and 90s.

More bother then, but you're more likely to be stabbed now imo.

In big cities yes ,places like sunderland I’d say not .The odd stabbing happened years ago aswell.

Last edited:
ITT: People who grew up in the 80s and 90s who think the 80s and 90s were the best decades.

They weren’t. You only think they were because that’s your nostalgia.

Born 74

80s & 90s hands down were the best years

Great fashion
Great clubs
Great music
Rave generation
Some of love
Italia 90
Going on the pull every Fridays& Saturday
The weekend started Thursday & ended Sunday , it was hardcore
Trousers and shoes had to be worn in discotheques
Terraces
Cheap train tickets
Cheap football tickets
Class mates all going to the game
Ecstasy
Morrocon black
£2 for 20 embassy number one
Class tv Minder, OFAH , Auf weidersain, big match
Every area of the town had great characters
You could buy anything in the pubs & clubs
Now no one knows no fcuker

I feel sorry for people who were born after 85

I remember the early nineties craze of collecting car badges. Every fucker turned up to school with a butter knife from their mams kitchen draw with the sole purpose of prising off as many badges as humanly possible over lunch break
Hopping over the metal gates at vauxies to get the grolch bottle tops which we then placed on our trainers for some bizarre reason. Happy days

Last edited:
I was born in 94. Feel like kids born around the same time as I was were the last who spent all their summer holidays playing out in the street/park in their primary school/early comp years. Magic like thinking back.

Then again, with the likes of club 18-30 for instance and all that recently being scrapped I also feel like people who were born early/late 90s were the ones who were the last of the drinkers and party goers. Millennials/kids who are now late teens seem to view drinking and going out as generally uncool it seems.

born in 64, did my early drinking, womanising, fighting etc. around 80 to 82...great times.
First car a morris marina with big fuk off wheels and power bulge on the bonnet, graduated to a knackered ford capri...loved the music, the outlok and life in general as a late teenager early 80's.
Mullet haircuts and taches...big wooly jumpers tucked into peg trousers with pod shoes.
pubs rammed on a weekend, togos night club in Chester, the Tube on the telly pre drinking on a Friday.
great times...

Back