Who gives an 10 million pound

He didn't say they couldn't afford to fix a lift. He said that things had been neglected over the last few years and he has a list as long as long as his arm of things that need to be fixed. A lift is one example he gave and also gave a couple of others.

People have removed the context to be more negative.

This. Or more accurately the Chronicle removed the context to make it sound more negative, in a manner typical of the shitty mag rag, and people (myself included until I actually listened to the podcast) believed it

He didn't say they couldn't afford to fix a lift. He said that things had been neglected over the last few years and he has a list as long as long as his arm of things that need to be fixed. A lift is one example he gave and also gave a couple of others.

People have removed the context to be more negative.

So why did they neglect to do these things before then?

Methven said that the money was to be used on the infrastructure and specifically said there was a lift at the academy that had been broken for ages that they couldn’t fix until this money came through.
There's no lifts in the academy, it's a single story building, he must have meant the stadium. there's a couple that take you up to the prem concourse, iirc one of them was knackered the last time I was there.

Last edited:
Or more accurately the Chronicle removed the context to make it sound more negative, in a manner typical of the shitty mag rag, and people (myself included until I actually listened to the podcast) believed it

Nee disrespect, marra, but there are very few media outlets - in particular the local rags in the north-east - that I take much notice of where SAFC are concerned.

The Nukehassle Comical is the worst of the worst. Even the date at the top should be viewed with cynicism until you've had it verified by a third party.

He claimed that the lift and speakers at the SoL were going to be fixed now we’ve had this £9 million. The inference is clearly that they didn’t have the money to do it before.

That's pretty terrifying mind.
Waiting for a cash injection before being able to afford routine repairs. I thought the whole point of PR was to control the message by saying only what you want people to know / discuss?

Surely he should know people would pick up on this and use it to infer we were skint before the cash injection?
And therefore be (rightly) pissed off off at previous stuff said and done like "100 points", a "budget the envy of championship clubs" and the touting of kids at the academy for a couple of hundred grand?

I believe the business term is 'Angel Investor'.
Angel investors will have a finite term, usually short, whereby they can realise the gain on their money.

Everybody is trying to figure out where the cash gain on this is coming from. It is not a charitable donation.

Could be if we go up it's a down payment on buying the club. If we don't go up within a certain amount of time it reverts to a loan.

All guesswork though isn't, the people who know aren't going to tell us if they haven't already.

Don't agree with people saying it doesn't matter what the terms are mind, just be happy the club has the money. Think there was an ALS article not long ago saying pretty much that. I bet Bury fans wished the terms of some of their deals had come to light sooner.

Back