Who do you respect more ?

People from Newcastle...who support Sunderland or people from Newcastle who support Sunderland?

I find both a bit strange and would never trust either

there's f***ing shit loads of newcastle fans in Sunderland, especially Washington.

There's not many Sunderland fans in Newcastle therefore i respect them more.

Interviewer: “Which would you prefer? Option 1 - Stay with your wife forever. Or option 2, ..”

Old man: “Option 2, option 2, I pick option 2!”

People from Newcastle...who support Sunderland or people from Newcastle who support Sunderland?

As a Newcastle born Sunderland supporter I could never trust anyone who questions my right to be a Sunderland fan. Going to school in Tyneside and Northumberland was character forming. Looks like we have reached an impasse.

Last edited:

Wee's this bell end. I'm from Newcastle (North Shields) and support Sunderland. It's a generational thing from back in the days when people used to go to Sunderland one week and Newcastle the next which my Granda used to do and my dad after him. When rivalries evolved and intensified people tended to chose one or the other. My dads allegiance was with Sunderland and he enjoyed going to Roker Park more than St James. So when he started taking me as a kid in the 70s that was me sold forever too.

Back