Who choose not to go to the final?

Season ticket holder but I chose not to go as someone said earlier couldn't justify spending up to 200+ on one day out, if it was affordable I'd of been there. But I decided on Accrington as its far more affordable.

Me.

Live in Australia.

Went to Wembley for the Man City final and Hong Kong for the Man City final. Even to watch Shields in the Vase final.

Can't really justify the Checkatrade final but hope everyone has a good day out.

Hot tip is give Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square a miss and head for Camden market area.

Going to Amsterdam instead. Plus I've only been to 6 games this season, I'd feel guilty taking away someone's ticket who's actually been to many more. Not that seems to matter to a few people who haven't been to any but are still going :oops:

Last edited:
Must admit, if @Bladecat didn't sort it all i could not be chewed on with bus/train etc, i would not of gone, looking forward to it now like, aswell as Accrington and Rochdale.....

Stay the night for play off final, but hopefully automatically...

Me.
Not bothered about the competition tbh.
Delighted that we have got there and that the club and the fans who want to go get the day at Wembley but I’m far more concerned about getting promoted.
Will watch this at home with my lads and the missus (No).
Looking forward to coming home for the Portsmouth game at the end of April.
Not watching on TV either then.

Me; I've been out of work for a few months and don't deserve to go.
Only been to about 6 games this season so there are more deserving out there as there aren't many tickets.
They were my sentiments for '73. I know checkatrade cannot be compared with '73 but I've lived to regret that decision

This will be my first check a trade game.

I watch all the midweek games in the house with a few bottles. Too much of a chore for me rushing about and walking with my dodgy pins and no social to look forward to.

I've been to all the Fri / Sat / Sun home games and enjoyed a drink with my mates each game :)

I’m glad we’re playing Portsmouth and not Bury as at least it’ll be a tough game in a good atmosphere which should help generate the cup final feel. I also think that once we get to Wembley we’ll all be desperate to win the thing and winning it would still go down as one of our greatest days in modern history, particularly as the majority of our fans (myself included) will never have seen us win a cup, or been too young to remember/appreciate the day in 1973 when we did.

Was a good post on here from one of the Barnsley fans about when they won it in 2016 and he echoed the feelings of apathy in this thread until he walked into the stadium, and now regards it as one of the best days supporting Barnsley he’s had. Maybe people need to be less negative and see it for what it is - a chance to see us win something.

Me. I gave away my opportunity to let a friend take his laddie. I am a bit disappointed to miss out the closer it gets but I will go to the play of final if we are in it.

Funny how those who “chose” not to go wouldn’t have got tickets anyway
Think you're wrong there mate as some posts on this forum may testify. As a matter of interest what made you think that those who chose not to go wouldn't have got tickets? I honestly believe there's a fair few older season ticket holders who for whatever reason have chosen not to attend

Last edited:

Back