Who are the greats of photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icarebecauseyoudo

Across the main genres?

Landscape. Ansel Adams ...

Social \ street . Doisneau , Cartier Bresson, Martin Parr...

Reportage . Steve McCurry, Capa...

Portrait ...

Wildlife ...

Fill in blanks and let's argue

Ansel for me, for as long as I can remember.
he is class like. was at a lecture by a mate of his last week, amongst other stuff showing how his prints were made, all personally by adams

he wasn't the first photoshopper, but prolly the best !

he is class like. was at a lecture by a mate of his last week, amongst other stuff showing how his prints were made, all personally by adams

he wasn't the first photoshopper, but prolly the best !

We started having a few competitions at camera club, similar to this board - no prizes just kudos - one of the rules was minimal processing, only what you could do in a darkroom was to be allowed.
I showed them how Ansel processed his prints and they were gobsmacked! After that the rule was Don't add anything that wasn't there, and don't remove something that was there. Really pissed a few people off and a few left the club!

We started having a few competitions at camera club, similar to this board - no prizes just kudos - one of the rules was minimal processing, only what you could do in a darkroom was to be allowed.
I showed them how Ansel processed his prints and they were gobsmacked! After that the rule was Don't add anything that wasn't there, and don't remove something that was there. Really pissed a few people off and a few left the club!
Liking this a lot!

Don't have a favourite photographer really.

Like random photos more. Like this....

Logon or register to see this image

Fire on Marlborough Street is a black-and-white photograph by Stanley Forman which received the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography in 1976 and the title of World Press Photo of the Year. The photograph, which is a part of a series, shows 19-year-old Diana Bryant and her 2-year-old god-daughter Tiare Jones falling from the collapsed fire escape of a burning apartment on Marlborough Street in Boston on July 22, 1975. The photo was taken with a motorized camera. Originally published in the Boston Herald, the photo circulated in over a hundred newspapers and led to the adoption of new fire escape legislation in the United States.

Don't have a favourite photographer really.

Like random photos more. Like this....

Logon or register to see this image

Fire on Marlborough Street is a black-and-white photograph by Stanley Forman which received the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography in 1976 and the title of World Press Photo of the Year. The photograph, which is a part of a series, shows 19-year-old Diana Bryant and her 2-year-old god-daughter Tiare Jones falling from the collapsed fire escape of a burning apartment on Marlborough Street in Boston on July 22, 1975. The photo was taken with a motorized camera. Originally published in the Boston Herald, the photo circulated in over a hundred newspapers and led to the adoption of new fire escape legislation in the United States.
fascinating

especially that people even then were cramming walkways with shite pot plants

IMHO, street photography captures people in their environment and chance, one off encounters.the first three do this very well.

The last one is just an absolute mastepiece - shot by me in Beijing.
how do you get the world weary 'fuck off' expression on their faces g? you're really good at this

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you get the world weary 'fuck off' expression on their faces g? you're really good at this
That one was shot from the hip IIRC.

Most often I'll see a interesting subject and make it look like I'm taking a tourist shot of the street, so they don't feel threatened. It works really well shooting the locals in touristy places - I'm always on the lookout for the right person.

Edit: I think she was telling me to fuck off, that happens a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back