White lines - Netflix

Just finished it. Alright, but cheesy as fuck.

BTW, I would of took Axel out if they hadn't cos he's annoying as fuck. He's got a face you wouldn't get sick of punching.

Last edited:
Just finished it, don't think I'd have got past episode 1 but our lass enjoyed it.

It was frustrating how badly written and edited it was as the basic premise could have made for a good show. It was also quite well acted throughout and I enjoyed some of the cinematography.

I've a felling the obviously teed up second season (if it gets made) will be a lot better as it will be less focused on the nonsensical Axle story arc now the characters have been set up and the scene has been set.

Last edited:
I finished this the other night. Quite enjoyed it even though it was shite. I'll end up watching the second series.

Me too but I agree with *someone on here that pointed out the younger versions of themselves was terrible casting during the flashbacks I couldn’t tell we was we , 😆mind drink might have been taken which wouldn’t have helped !!!

Also don’t know why Axel had all the money and the rest didn’t have bank accounts or any investments of their own as they would all have had a share of the business or been directors of the company.

It was @Mickdundee good spot mate

Last edited:
Me too but I agree with *someone on here that pointed out the younger versions of themselves was terrible casting during the flashbacks I couldn’t tell we was we , 😆mind drink might have been taken which wouldn’t have helped !!!

Also don’t know why Axel had all the money and the rest didn’t have bank accounts or any investments of their own as they would all have had a share of the business or been directors of the company.

It didn’t take much spotting - I spent most of the flashbacks in the first 2 episodes trying to work out who everyone was meant to be. Boxer had to be the worst - Baby faced “pretty boy” type cast to play a rugged security guy - closely followed by Marcus. I appreciate Daniel May is quite distinctive looking but seriously.

Last edited:

Only the young version of Angela Griffin's character was well cast like.
It didn’t take much spotting - I spent most of the flashbacks in the first 2 episodes trying to work out who everyone was meant to be. Boxer had to be the worst - Baby faced “pretty boy” type cast to play a rugged security guy - closely followed by Marcus. I appreciate Daniel May is quite distinctive looking but seriously.

I didn't even realise young Boxer was Boxer till right at the end. 😂

Last edited:
Like alot of people - I enjoyed it even though it was shit, i've not experienced that before. I suppose it's just the right level of easy watching, with a combo of murder mystery / sex / drug dealing / violence / escapism etc.

The second series with Marcus as the drug king pin should be decent, but hopefully Zoe Collins isn't involved or at least not a main character
Boxer was a good actor , I would say, he comes out of the series with credit.

Last edited:
Have to say this is probably the worst series ive ever watched in my 55 years on earth. It is beyond diabolical, how it was commissioned is the 8th wonder of the world, how its got a second series is the 9th.
The characters demand no sympathy or empathy , aren't realistic( librarian just flies out like that, leaves husband and kid, also with seemingly unlimited annual leave) ,and the kid ( Axel- where the fuck did that name come from) who got murdered had what was coming to him- He was a complete arrogant prick. His sister is totally reprehensible and only reason watched to end was hoping she got murdered too. The acting is woeful at best( particularly the sister ) , and as for sisters accent , the voice coach needs sacking- at first thought she was a geordie. some of acting made Dev from Corras look like Laurence Olivier.
I'd pay good money not to see a millisecond of series 2.
Do not watch- rant over.

Lasted about 15 minutes. Comparisons to Death in Paradise and El Dorado are about right.

Crap writing, crap acting and the lass's accent was all over the place in that 15 minutes alone.

Absolute todge.

Back