White lines - Netflix

I don’t get this attitude towards tv or film. I guess you just sit and watch documentaries all the time then?

Never watched any sci-fi, horror, action, drama etc films?

It doesn’t need to be believable, it just needs to be entertaining and allow to switch off your brain for a bit.

you're wrong, it has to create a story that works within its own context so as to allow you to suspend your disbelief and enter into that world... so you can have mythical fantasy stories that still work within their own construct

of course there are those that don't "Donnie Darko" being a prime example

I absolutely loved Money Heist so I will take a look see at this blood thing
Watched first one last night. Wasn’t impressed but will persevere with next one.
Every time they make something related to rave culture they never get it right. The bit at the end where he was dj’ing cheesy trance shit / asking the judge if he had ever had a good time was just cliched tosh.

but in Spain they think Sting is deep and like to write his lyrics out in curly writing and draw sketches of eyes crying over it and stuff

Last edited:

you're wrong, it has to create a story that works within its own context so as to allow you to suspend your disbelief and enter into that world... so you can have mythical fantasy stories that still work within their own construct

of course there are those that don't "Donnie Darko" being a prime example

And character development. People need to become invested in characters and care what they're doing and why they're doing it. The fact that people couldn't stand the brother shows how badly it was written. If he's an arse hole why are people bothered that he was killed?

Netflixwise “Into The Night” is the stuff. Belgian sci fi plane hijack thriller. You’ve nivver seen owt like it. Mad as owt. Come to think of it “Into The Night” the 80s crime thriller starring Goldblum, Bowie and a young Michelle Pfieffer hubbahubbahubbatastic doesn’t get the credit it deserves either.

We are on episode 3. I’ve not found it as bad as being made out on here, but my god they have cast the “younger” versions of the characters really badly. It’s like they didn’t bother to check who they cast as the main characters when they chose them.

Netflixwise “Into The Night” is the stuff. Belgian sci fi plane hijack thriller. You’ve nivver seen owt like it. Mad as owt. Come to think of it “Into The Night” the 80s crime thriller starring Goldblum, Bowie and a young Michelle Pfieffer hubbahubbahubbatastic doesn’t get the credit it deserves either.

I fancy that like. Might give it a watch tonight.

Binged watched it last week
Disappointing that only 6 episodes
Top quality

I'm watching it too and find the brother and sisters acting utterly shite.
Just one point on how utterly shit it is happens within the first minute. How come she has managed to get to Spain when they are in the process of digging up a body who has not yet been identified?

Could do with a bloody good Netflix thread on here

There's so much good stuff and so much utter shit it's potluck finding decent stuff

Could do with a bloody good Netflix thread on here

There's so much good stuff and so much utter shit it's potluck finding decent stuff

I agree. I know the whole thing of recommending stuff goes off what you have watched previously and what you might like but I don't like it. There's absolutely tons of stuff but people are only shown a fraction of it. I want to be able to browse for something I want to watch from a full list.

I had to reset mine the other week cos it was just suggesting documentaries about serial killers.

Back