White collar boxing

Know of some people who have done it and loved it and some who have tried it once and never done it again.

Good if you want to experience Boxing without putting in the work required to box at amateur level, which is a whole different world.

You’re matched with people of similar weight, size and ability. You’ve got every chance of winning.
Yeah the matchmakers are pretty good as are the referees.

One of the greatest amateur sports.

I just wouldn’t want anyone to have a go without realising how tough it can be. It hurts more than most realise.

Is this like office workers fighting?
Basically, people that want a reasonably safe fight but can’t be arsed to really train. Often for charity to be fair.
Getting punched in the kidneys and smacked in the gob doesn’t appeal much but there are a few people I wouldn’t mind giving a good tolchock to the gulliver.

Getting punched in the face with 12oz gloves isn’t much fun tbh.

If it's UWCB they're 18oz gloves and how they're made there's so much padding on them you dont really feel it.

I've been part of the Sunderland setup, cornered a few bouts etc so I've been behind the scenes and they're very dodgy trust me :D

The best part of it is cornering someone who has alot of anxieties, confidence problems or someone who is an absolute geek who has no business being in a ring, pumping him up and goes Prime Ali for 6 minutes and goes what the fuck happened when he calms down, its fantastic to witness.

Last edited:

Back