Whitby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see, you were only playing with it. Drawing it into your trap with the bait of free chips, disabling then dispatching it. Love it when a plan etc., etc. My preferred method is to pluck them out've the air & twirl them to break the neck. All in one fluid move. One-handed obviously. Without breaking stride or dropping any chips.

I doff my cap to you sir

Inbred as fuck, but it’s a canny day/night out

Up behind train station up the steep streets where our place was I couldnt believe how backward some streets were. Like walking through Beamish, clothes hung across back lanes etc!

Is the Magpie Cafe really that much better than most of the other chippies along that road? People seem to queue outside there for ages to get their overpriced fish and chips when a fish lot a few doors along is just as good.

Love catching crabs at whitby me like

:lol::lol: Whatever floats your boat.

We had an overnight stay about 3 years ago. Enjoyed the place. Bed and breakfast place was very good. Parking was a problem though. Full English was too good to refuse. Regretted it later. But the whole thing was very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Is the Magpie Cafe really that much better than most of the other chippies along that road? People seem to queue outside there for ages to get their overpriced fish and chips when a fish lot a few doors along is just as good.

No... Is the simple answer

I was there for Goth weekend earlier in the year and had a great time going between pubs and seeing the state of some of them. Also lots to transvestites aboit

Love Whitby, try to get down every summer, haven't been their yet this summer. It is worth staying the night just to compare and contrast how vibrant it is during the day, against how tranquil it is in the evening. Get the weather and maybe watch a game up at the Turnbull Ground and you have yourself a cracking couple of days.

Was there a couple of weeks ago, stayed at a lovely spa hotel just outside the town called Raithwaite Hall, can recommend it if that's your type of thing. Spent a day in Whitby and didn't disappoint as usual, was really heaving and plenty stags/hens knocking about.

Up behind train station up the steep streets where our place was I couldnt believe how backward some streets were. Like walking through Beamish, clothes hung across back lanes etc!

Think I know where you are talking about. Used to be a decent boozer up their around 10-15 years ago, called First In Last Out, absolute shithole now

Think I know where you are talking about. Used to be a decent boozer up their around 10-15 years ago, called First In Last Out, absolute shithole now

:lol: Was on the end of our road (fishburn) with a chippy!

The hill up to there must be the steepest street in the country, had a handrail!!!

Nah. We went in the one next door or two doors along and it was outstanding. Magpie has the reputation though.

Ask your dad and jeff, they’ll tell you.

Whitby is a cracking place to go for a day on the drink, so many little pubs tucked down back alleys, you couldn’t visit them all in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJP
Ask your dad and jeff, they’ll tell you.

Whitby is a cracking place to go for a day on the drink, so many little pubs tucked down back alleys, you couldn’t visit them all in a few days.

Youd think cockneys etc would love its charm yet it seems to attract very few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back