Whisky

I'm off to a cottage in Moray for a week, hoping to visit a few distilleries if let off the leash long enough.

I've been to Elgin before, loved the Gordon and MacPhail shop. Will visit that again. I did the Glen Moray tour, it was good, decent measures.

Any other recommendations?

Wooler
That new distillery looks mighty impressive -must have cost a fortune.
They have made good use of the building to showcase the workings of the distillery as you drove past .( what I would call the “ vats “ but that’s probably not the correct terminology )

I'm off to a cottage in Moray for a week, hoping to visit a few distilleries if let off the leash long enough.

I've been to Elgin before, loved the Gordon and MacPhail shop. Will visit that again. I did the Glen Moray tour, it was good, decent measures.

We had an absolutely brilliant tour of Knockdhu (An Cnoc) a few years ago. Gordon Bruce took us round himself and was an absolute star. One of the best tours I’ve done purely down to the enthusiasm of Gordon.

I’m not sure if they have ever reopened tours after COVID though? It isn’t too far away and well worth a visit if it’s open.

Last edited:
We had an absolutely brilliant tour of Knockdhu (An Cnoc) a few years ago. Gordon Bruce took us round himself and was an absolute star. One of the best tours I’ve done purely down to the enthusiasm of Gordon.

I’m not sure if they have ever reopened tours after COVID though? It isn’t too far away and well worth a visit if it’s open.
Best one I've been on is Arran, unbelievable tasting afterwards- they were all private casks and he gave us a freebie of anything from the top shelf. Think it was £25.

Ballot at whisky fix for the 21yo Springer. You just have to be signed up to their newsletter to enter. Although unless you have recent purchase history I doubt you're in with much of a chance.

Having to empty out the kitchen ready for it being re-tiled - including clearing down the open whisky shelves. It’s a little intimidating when you see them all together.

Logon or register to see this image

I really enjoy the Benriach tour, particularly if you get Stewart MacPherson as your guide.
Master of Malt are balloting a slew of Daftmills

Last edited:
Having to empty out the kitchen ready for it being re-tiled - including clearing down the open whisky shelves. It’s a little intimidating when you see them all together.

Logon or register to see this image

I really enjoy the Benriach tour, particularly if you get Stewart MacPherson as your guide.
Master of Malt are balloting a slew of Daftmills
Cheers for that, one here in TWE for the 15

Back