Whisky

Ian’s not a very organised bloke and unfortunately Ciara who used to keep him organised has moved on to Raasay. Combine that with Dal Riata, festival season and logistics issues, he’s been a bit chaotic.
Any more news on the Dal Riata front mate? Just curious like. I recently joined an FB group (IIAS) where most of them going into that seem to be admins. Decent group tbf, wish I'd discovered it earlier

Ian’s not a very organised bloke and unfortunately Ciara who used to keep him organised has moved on to Raasay. Combine that with Dal Riata, festival season and logistics issues, he’s been a bit chaotic.
I saw it mentioned that Ciara was leaving, didn’t know she went to Raasay.

Just wonder if the batch 17 will ever materialise ?

Tempted with the Bunna bottle and the Ukraine bottle, though not sure what else will be in the latest releases.

I saw it mentioned that Ciara was leaving, didn’t know she went to Raasay.

Just wonder if the batch 17 will ever materialise ?

Tempted with the Bunna bottle and the Ukraine bottle, though not sure what else will be in the latest releases.
Coincidentally NSS have posted about it this morning.
Logon or register to see this image

Any more news on the Dal Riata front mate? Just curious like. I recently joined an FB group (IIAS) where most of them going into that seem to be admins. Decent group tbf, wish I'd discovered it earlier
Going through the planning application stage as far as I know. It seems they can’t warehouse next to the distillery so also having to do a planning app for that elsewhere in campbeltown.

Last edited:
Glen Scotia festival bottling sounds an interesting dram. Heavily peated 8yo, 7 years in first fill bourbon then a year in PX. 56.5%.
Be rude not to :lol:

Glen Scotia 8 Year Old – Campbeltown Malts Festival 2022
They're releasing a single cask for the festival on the 25th mate, not sure about availability online mind
Going through the planning application stage as far as I know. It seems they can’t warehouse next to the distillery so also having to do a planning app for that elsewhere in campbeltown.

There's an abundance of space up at Machrihanish on the airport site mate, although I'm sure they're aware of that. Not too far from where Raasay are opening up their new site

Last edited:
They're releasing a single cask for the festival on the 25th mate, not sure about availability online mind
I’ll keep an eye for that. I quite enjoyed the 2020 bottling 14yo Port finish but haven’t yet got round to opening the 2021 Bordeaux finish, it’s still tucked at the back of a cupboard somewhere although it wasn’t particularly well reviewed.

Just for laughs:

Went to my BiL's wedding 2 weeks back. I was a groomsman, so I did both of my hipflasks with a decent drop to share round before the main event.
Turned out the room we met up in already had a bottle and load of glasses set up when I got there, so they weren't needed.

So I left them until this weekend. Sunday's was a little SAFC pewter job - turns out only holds just over 50ml.
Last night, thought I'd have the other one even though it was a schoolnight. And it lasted forever. Measured it out and it completely filled my whiskey glass to the brim :lol:

How you getting on with the delivery deal? Every time I look at their flash sales, it seems there's hardly any malt compared to the past?
Absolutely mate…their flash sales seem to be mainly gins and other stuff.

Having said that more than made the money back in 2 months or so.
Even ordered bottles for sister in law and just changed delivery address. Got a couple of bottles in basket which I’ll no doubt pull trigger on ;)

This month's not finished just yet like but noticed the prices seem to be falling back into line on SWA. Still pricey like depending on what you're looking for but overall seem to have dropped by a fair bit compared to recent months.

This month's not finished just yet like but noticed the prices seem to be falling back into line on SWA. Still pricey like depending on what you're looking for but overall seem to have dropped by a fair bit compared to recent months.
I thought mental as usual…suppose depends what you’re watching

I thought mental as usual…suppose depends what you’re watching
Just looked at the Springer, 21 down from £1,200 to £800, 18 down from £390 to £250, latest local barley down from £600 to £400. Still pricey as fuck like but a fair drop as I say, most Springbank seem to be down a third on recent months

Just looked at the Springer, 21 down from £1,200 to £800, 18 down from £390 to £250, latest local barley down from £600 to £400. Still pricey as fuck like but a fair drop as I say, most Springbank seem to be down a third on recent months
Don’t even bother looking at Springbank now, other than to laugh.

Other stuff equally nuts…could be overseas bidders but crazy.

Don’t even bother looking at Springbank now, other than to laugh.

Other stuff equally nuts…could be overseas bidders but crazy.
Just saw an Arran Machrie Moor 1st edition for £160, I got one off there a while back for £45...

On about Machrie Moor, was talking to one of their staff today and she was telling me that once the current stock is gone that's it. Since the opening of Lagg, Lochranza don't do anything peated any more and never will. So if you're a fan, might be worth grabbing a couple of bottles if you see them. That and the 14 are probably my 2 favourite Arran expressions, well the 2 I've had most of anyway. Thankfully the 14 is due to make a return, although don't know when.

The end of the tax year coincided with last months auction. Whiskysponge are going to release 2 new springers soon, one is a 27yo. Their pricing is already typically poor, so I can’t imagine these will be cheap.

Back