Whisky

f***ing hell. Doctor Presto prescribes painkillers and whisky for a decent nights sleep but I can't guarantee that you won't be in pain tomorrow morning.

got some belting photos, mainly for insurance and police...a massive egg shaped lump just at top of arse crack.
If I work out how to post it I might just for laughs.

Sorely tempted with a nightcap or two mind

Going to hurt the next few days.

Lying on Shiney Road roundabout while people stopped me from moving and cyclist comes to surface “ how’s my bike”

Iw was meant to be last day on best Nike before one of winter bikes get used for winter.

You have to ask the important questions in these situations. In all seriousness, I hope that your injuries aren't as bad as they sound.
X rays etc all fine as were other tests...just soft tissue damage and funny enough feel like I've been hit by a car.

Driver apologetic but said he didn't see me :(
Loads of witnesses just said he approached roundabout at speed and unlike other cars didn't stop

got taken out by a car while on my bike today...ambulances and police etc, then x rays in hospital ( all clear)
came home and had a bath, funny turn and ended up sparked on bathroom floor, paramedics called and put it down to hot bath, no food and blood pressure issues...

basically could murder a few drams but dozed up on meds.

What a day :(

It’s right what people say about in a crash etc everything is in slow motion, remember being hit, on his bonnet and then flying through the air thinking this is going to hurt...funny enough it does :eek:;)
Delayed shock mate - There is always another night for a dram.
Hope you’re OK tomorrow.
I'll be interested to hear your opinion as it is in my queue.
Disclaimer - it’s a neck pour although I did give 30 minutes to breathe.

Not getting too much from the nose, little bit of spice but a bit underwhelming.
Drop of water opens it up a bit but not getting the sweeter notes I’d expect from a bourbon cask - I’m beginning to suspect it might be a bit of a tired cask.

Side by side comparison I prefer the OB despite it being 46% v Cask strength.

Overall a bit underwhelmed but I reserve the right to change my mind when it’s had a bit more air in :lol:

Last edited:
Disclaimer - it’s a neck pour although I did give 30 minutes to breathe.

Not getting too much from the nose, little bit of spice but a bit underwhelming.
Drop of water opens it up a bit but not getting the sweeter notes I’d expect from a bourbon cask - I’m beginning to suspect it might be a bit of a tired cask.

Side by side comparison I prefer the OB despite it being 46% v Cask strength.

Overall a bit underwhelmed but I reserve the right to change my mind when it’s had a bit more air in :lol:
Here's to hoping it improves when it's been opened for a little while.

Here's to hoping it improves when it's been opened for a little while.
No such thing as good or bad whisky mate, it’s just personal taste. Because I buy younger whisky in the main to keep it under my £100 ceiling, I tend to buy first fill bourbon casks rather than refill and I strongly suspect this a refill. Just poured another dram and I’m definitely getting a bit more spice now.

Be interested to hear your opinion when you get round to opening it.

No such thing as good or bad whisky mate, it’s just personal taste. Because I buy younger whisky in the main to keep it under my £100 ceiling, I tend to buy first fill bourbon casks rather than refill and I strongly suspect this a refill. Just poured another dram and I’m definitely getting a bit more spice now.

Be interested to hear your opinion when you get round to opening it.
Totally agree that it's down to personal taste. I'm currently supping a Duncan Taylor Octave Dalmunach which is about five years old and it is one of my favourites from my journey so far. I begrudge going over £50 as I don't believe that I have the palate to appreciate anything much over this level.

got taken out by a car while on my bike today...ambulances and police etc, then x rays in hospital ( all clear)
came home and had a bath, funny turn and ended up sparked on bathroom floor, paramedics called and put it down to hot bath, no food and blood pressure issues...

It’s right what people say about in a crash etc everything is in slow motion, remember being hit, on his bonnet and then flying through the air thinking this is going to hurt...funny enough it does :eek:;)
Hope you're ok mate, I'm sure I saw you and a couple of others cycling when I used to drive the bin lorry down your street

Wish you a speedy recovery fella. Seems like some motorists see cyclists as targets at times.

Well I had a great time there yesterday! Spent about 1.5 hours on the tour, only the 6 of us on so felt very relaxed and not rushed about. Really interesting for a whisky novice like myself, some impressive kit they’ve got there mind and a lot of it still built by hand! Had samples of the 12, 15, 18 year olds and then the grand cru which is finished in champagne barrels and costs 500 quid a bottle! - decent measures as well. Ended off in the gift shop of course and got myself a bottle of balvennie 14 Caribbean cask and a glenfiddich fire and cane.
you can tell that there’s some serious money in these distilleries mind!

Springbank 12 cask strength lovely
Port Charlotte lovely
Glenfarclas 15 was quite tame, I thought. Still nice, mind.
I really like the Glenfarclas 15...but if drank along the other two it would seem
"tame"
Never mind the flavours the ABV would be another factor

I take it you've seen the new Octomore releases.. just wondering your thoughts? Never tried an octomore myself but curious. Reading up on the 12 series was quite interesting, 12.1 solely aged in American oak, 12.2 aged for 3.5 years in American oak before being put in sauternes for 18 month and 12.3 being a mix of American oak and PX, not a finish though, and also used barley grown 2 miles from where it was distilled. Will definitely have to book myself on a trip over to Islay at some point, never been but always fancied it

Ruben has released a review of .1, .2 and .3 today

Back