Whisky

Both of these Ledaigs have the same distillation date (23/9/94), casked in 2nd fill bourbon casks and bottled around the same time. It will be interesting to see the differing cask influences.
Logon or register to see this image
Nice.............

I'm guessing SMWS have lost a shit load of members after their web problems last year. I let my membership lapse earlier in the year but rejoined on an offer last month. Complelety forgot about this months outurn going on line at 9.00am so just logged on now to browse and picked up a Ben Nevis, Clynelish and Glen Scotia all bourbon casks. This time last year it would have been fastest finger first for those and sold out by 9.03am but plenty left of them all.

Maybe they have lost the plebs chasing the £50/£60 bottles like me :lol:

Nice.............

I'm guessing SMWS have lost a shit load of members after their web problems last year. I let my membership lapse earlier in the year but rejoined on an offer last month. Complelety forgot about this months outurn going on line at 9.00am so just logged on now to browse and picked up a Ben Nevis, Clynelish and Glen Scotia all bourbon casks. This time last year it would have been fastest finger first for those and sold out by 9.03am but plenty left of them all.

Maybe they have lost the plebs chasing the £50/£60 bottles like me :lol:

The prices have noticably become more competitive over the past year or so. They've released quite a few Macallans over recent months which have sold out within a minute or two. The Laphroaigs and Caol Ilas usually sell out swiftly too. There's been a Clynelish almost every month for the past year so that may explain them hanging around a bit. I haven't bought anything from today's outturn - I'd have considered the Ben Nevis and Bowmore - but I've already spent plenty recently.

Just about to head up north this afternoon for a little holiday, got a cottage booked on the ”whisky trail” near Inverness (I know, look at me etc. etc.)
have never really been into whisky but starting to get a taste for it now! Got a tour booked for the glenfiddich distillery and hoping to get a couple of bottles to bring back - any recommendations for a complete whisky novice??

Back