Whisky

Yep, I've used them numerous times over the years. They had a decent online presence too so I'm quite surprised by the news.
Never used them but was aware of their online presence so shocked to hear tbh. They must be missing out big time on in store trade

Anyone be indulging in this when it's released?

Last edited:
Had a bottle of 21 and even though it was only 40% and probably chill filtered and had caramel it was lovely stuff would love to try it unadulterated

SMWS have released a whole bunch of single cask Bushmills which have been very good and piqued my interest. The Causeway Collection from Bushmills seems to have been very well received - all cask strength in a variety of casks.

I agree many of the standard release bottles would benefit from a higher abv, even if they just raised it to 46%. Not unlike Midleton Very Rare in that regard.

Last edited:
Bewilders me how all Macallan in general is so massively overpriced. Followed a 5cl miniature of their 1950 a few months back as it was approaching me Da's birthday, sold for over £2,000.
The bloke talking about it seemed to say it was mainly due to the history of the distillery.

Also, on another note sky news had it down as whiskey and not whisky tut tut

Pity Karuizawa has been priced into oblivion. They made some truly marvellous whisky.
Logon or register to see this image
Only Japanese I've ever had was nikka from the barrel, and I wasn't impressed until I got to the last glass in the bottle unfortunately. Proper curious about the likes of yamazaki and hakushu but not enough to pay what it costs to acquire a bottle

Back