Whisky

New to whisky, thought I'd ask for a few bottles for Xmas.

Plant Manager where I work bought me a 1L bottle of The Famous Grouse as a Christmas thank you. Drank a third of it on 30th December (After 6 pint bottles of cider). It was really nice.

However I can't remember going to bed (Got in the wrong bed anyway), woke up at 6am to vomit and spent all New Year with a minging hangover. I haven't drink since.

Morning all. I'm looking for a whisky for a colleague, budget around £50. Been asked to get 'Something like speyside - nothing peaty.' If anyone has any recommendations for something on Amazon that would be ideal, even better a gift set type thing with a glass. Cheers

Morning all. I'm looking for a whisky for a colleague, budget around £50. Been asked to get 'Something like speyside - nothing peaty.' If anyone has any recommendations for something on Amazon that would be ideal, even better a gift set type thing with a glass. Cheers
This is a good buy at £50 unpeated easy drinker I have a bottle on the go

In addition to the others I'd also recommend these:-

Glen Scotia 15
Arran 10 Gift Set

The Arran also comes as a gift set if that is what you would prefer.

got to say it seems like a good price for 45 year old whisky....

don’t think I’ve had any single grains...have noticed Whisky Broker have one at what seems like a decent price.
Are they generally sweet ?

Not super sweet but veering towards sweet rather than savoury. Invergordon is the best of the grain whiskies in my opinion and 1971-1975 are the best vintages.

Just ordered this and certainly an option for @Jambezz

Tried their Scallywag, Big Peat and Rock Island and all decent...this is the 10yr old TB with 3 samples and a tasting glass included

Aberdeen Whisky Shop has just gone into liquidation. Their website is still up but I'd be careful about ordering anything from them.

Nothing to do with the Spirit Embassy are they ? Also in Aberdeen ?
Bought from them for the first time the other week and it did take a while. Received a discount code and was half thinking of buying something else

Back