Whisky

Anything on Amazon or similar a good deal? Me mate could do with a pick me up and all I know about whisky is it's disgusting burning instant vomit creator :)

Last edited:
Would have been in Islay tonight...looking forward to Ardbeg and Lagavulin tomorrow with Bunna and Laphraoig on the Saturday which is my Birthday ( virtual drams welcome :lol:)
:evil::(

Know what I’m going to be tucking into for the next few days at home

Would have been in Islay tonight...looking forward to Ardbeg and Lagavulin tomorrow with Bunna and Laphraoig on the Saturday which is my Birthday ( virtual drams welcome :lol:)
:evil::(

Know what I’m going to be tucking into for the next few days at home
if I don't get on here Sat have a good day mate, canny day for your birthday world whisky day !

Highland Park 12yr old only £25 in Asda
Old Pulteney 12yr old only £24 also
bought both

The Pulteney is vastly superior to the HP, the latter is so flavourless it could pass as vodka.
Just bought one of the Kilkerran cask strength series...wanted the batch 2 edition but could only find the batch 3

One of my daily drinkers. Great whisky for the price.

Last edited:
The Pulteney is vastly superior to the HP, the latter is so flavourless it could pass as vodka.

One of my daily drinkers. Great whisky for the price.
Agree about the HP, I was massively let down when I tried it after hearing off a few people it was supposedly canny. There was literally nothing to it.

On a brighter note my Widow Jane Rye Mash Oak and Applewood Aged finally arrived from Spain, I have high hopes for it. Looking forward to cracking it open but won't be doing it just yet.

Picked up a blanton's original single barrel last week so gonna fire that one up to celebrate world whisky day, after a couple of BT's and ER's that is :)

Well i'm introducing myself on here for the first time.
My first introduction to whisky was very negative......falling over walls at New Year as a teenager...did'nt like it.

Taken up to Scotland as a soldier (Sasanach) on leave with insistent Scottish serviceman (stay with us for a few days, have a laugh! Billy Connoly was just appearing on the media radar then and i loved his patter!) and having a "chaser" (large whisky) with every pint......bloody hell, drank it, but not for me.
However in my twilight years i'm finding some kind of solace in it's tastes!

I prefer the likes of Haig Clubman (especially when it's half price in Asda and being a relative pauper) and really like Dalwhinnie Winter Gold, Balvenie doublewood. I did try and like Bruichladdich when on holiday in Scotland a few years back. If i remember rightly there was a whisky shop on the main street in Castle Douglas?
Don't like really peaty brews and i'm still a beer man at heart. You lot obviously take your dram more seriously than i and pay for your particular tastes as some might like expensive wines.
I'll keep an interested eye on here in the future, the present situation is turning me to try other "spiritual" escapes!!

Back