Whisky

Noticed this on offer at Loch Fyne..free delivery

Ordered one as their sale stock is quite limited it seems

Anybody tried the Aerolite Lyndsay (anagram of ten year old Islay) from character of Islay and like to hazard a guess at the distillery? Thinking of putting a bottle in my end of month order to try.
Finally got round to cracking open the Aerolite Lyndsay tonight.
A very nice dram, not quite the phenols of Ardbeg, Laphroaig on the nose but still a decent peat hit on the palate. It’s 70% bourbon cask, 25% sherry quarter cask and a 5% ‘mystery cask’. Puts me very much in mind of Caol Ila and I suspect it’s one of theirs.
Will buy again.

I've had to cancel this years trip so celebrating re-booking Japan for next year - touch wood - with a Yamazaki vertical. Kampai!

Logon or register to see this image
Outstanding selection, love Yamazaki I've managed to get up to the 18yr which is probably my favorite ever whisky, I've got a bottle unopened from when it was affordable which is being kept for when my first Grandkid is born so I hope my son gets a move on :lol: .
Don't forget everyone its world whisky day next Saturday so treat yourself.
Its my 50th the weekend after, I've got a bottle of That Boutique-y whisky Co 50 yr old blend which I'm going to crack open and hopefully share with @bernardbresslaw if Boris lets him come to my house.
Has anyone tried it ?

Last edited:
Outstanding selection, love Yamazaki I've managed to get up to the 18yr which is probably my favorite ever whisky, I've got a bottle unopened from when it was affordable which is being kept for when my first Grandkid is born so I hope my son gets a move on :lol: .
Don't forget everyone its world whisky day next Saturday so treat yourself.
Its my 50th the weekend after, I've got a bottle of That Boutique-y whisky Co 50 yr old blend which I'm going to crack open and hopefully share with @bernardbresslaw if Boris lets him come to my house.
Has anyone tried it ?

Just knock on me door and leave it on the step if the lockdown is still in place.

Just knock on me door and leave it on the step if the lockdown is still in place.
Social pissedancing
Good little book this for £4

Last edited:
Kilchoman releasing their Feis Ile bottlings tomorrow if anybody interested.
Kilchoman Shop | Islay Whisky Shop Online | Buy Scotch Whisky Online
I'd love to know how you actually manage getting a hold of something like that... I used to be in the Arran White Stag group and you could guarantee every time they brought a special release out it was done during the day when I was at work. I think I actually took a holiday once to try and get my hands on one of the White Stag releases however it went from coming soon to out of stock as quick as it took to refresh the page, which I was doing consistently....

I'd love to know how you actually manage getting a hold of something like that... I used to be in the Arran White Stag group and you could guarantee every time they brought a special release out it was done during the day when I was at work. I think I actually took a holiday once to try and get my hands on one of the White Stag releases however it went from coming soon to out of stock as quick as it took to refresh the page, which I was doing consistently....
Think it's a 2pm release which is a bugger for those at work, fortunately I'm retired ;)

Back