Whisky

Jinxed with this order from Passion for Whisky....took ages and loads of chasing up ( a different order with them three weeks later arrived before this one)

Box contained two bottles..one ok but this was the other

box did smell nice when I opened it mind 👍 🥃

Doh! They’ve always been pretty good for me. I stopped buying from LWDW however as I had 3 bottles delivered broken from them.

Doh! They’ve always been pretty good for me. I stopped buying from LWDW however as I had 3 bottles delivered broken from them.

Think this order was hopefully an outlier...the other I'd placed was quick and in one piece.

Sent the guy pics of the bottle and packaging etc.

I thought the kitchen smelled lovely but my missus disagreed ;)

Anybody tried the Aerolite Lindsay (anagram of ten year old Islay) from character of Islay and like to hazard a guess at the distillery? Thinking of putting a bottle in my end of month order to try.

Easing into the weekend tonight.
Glenfarclas 15
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban.
Classic Laddie
Will probably finish with a Port Charlotte.
For you Bunna 12 fans Loch Fyne currently have it at £32.95.

Last edited:
12 year old Glenlivet at Morrisons right now for £28, cheaper than the unaged Founders reserve that needs to be left to breathe, Sainsbury have Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair for £25
its quite good for that price

12 year old Glenlivet at Morrisons right now for £28, cheaper than the unaged Founders reserve that needs to be left to breathe, Sainsbury have Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair for £25
its quite good for that price

Aye the 12 was on last week at that price,I got a couple but was quickly unavailable.
Good price, the Stiuireadair I also snapped up last week from Sainsbury’s just to compare the two...not bad at all.
The 12 is better but as a cheaper alternative the NAS isn’t bad at all.

:lol:
That's tempting but £75 notes is still a bit steep. It's a balance between enjoying it liberally and feeling I'm swallowing money for me.
I am tempted at 58% though

I'm on the Teeling now, it's 46% and I think I paid about £40 for it and it's pretty good. I like me Irish stuff.
Finished off a bottle of Deanston 12 earlier to make a bit room.

The single grain or the malt Teeling ? ( Just looked it up hadn't heard of it )
I'm no expert just know what I like and I'm getting more used to something that's a bit tougher out of the bottle that stands water well.
£40 -£50 is about my price range . Enough to get something that someone has tried with but not so much you daren't touch it.

Last edited:
I'm no expert just know what I like and I'm getting more used to something that's a bit tougher out of the bottle that stands water well.
£40 -£50 is about my price range . Enough to get something that someone has tried with but not so much you daren't touch it.

The malt one mate. TBH it's ok for £40, nowt startling, and definitely not worth the £50 it is now.
Heve you considered something like the Clynelish 14? That's 46% and I used to enjoy playing about with the watta with that one. I've also got a Paul John that really changes with watta.

The malt one mate. TBH it's ok for £40, nowt startling, and definitely not worth the £50 it is now.
Heve you considered something like the Clynelish 14? That's 46% and I used to enjoy playing about with the watta with that one. I've also got a Paul John that really changes with watta.
I've never tried the single grain (or their single malt for that matter) but I have read that the SG is supposedly good stuff.

Never tried it but one I've always fancied, will look it up.

One I spotted earlier was Widow Jane Rye Mash Applewood aged, I was wondering if you'd tried that? As it sounds quite intriguing...

Can't say I'm even aware of the Applewood - not tried it, no.

The Method & Madness French Chestnut is a lovely daily drinker, I think it's available for closer to the £55 mark though.

Bit of a mixed bag planned tonight

start with the Berry Bros blended Sherry malt ( it’s currently in a 20cl bottle I want to re use)
probably Glendronach12 after
and then want to finish with some samples...got a Dalmunach Madeira finish 61% and round off with the Octomore 07.3 that was kindly gifted to me 🥃

so Speyside mainly before the Bruichladdich which is the sample I’ve been looking forward to the most 👍

Back