Whisky

Edradour is a good go to sipper had a couple of bottles they make some great Whisky , they do some wacky casks finishes 👍

Aye, had a holiday up at the Rannoch Hotel 15 years ago and I asked the barman for his choice- he poured me an Edradour, very nice.

We also had a week up at a place on Loch Tay near Pitlochry, so thought it was divine intervention, as the distillery is just up the road.

I thought I'd revist some memories...

Can’t day I’m surprised. I picked up another bottle even though I already have one open and 2 in storage. Great price for that age even if it is a blend.

:lol: 👍
As my nan used to say....”for stock”
Noticed Kilkerran have their latest heavily peated batch 3 out any day.
You can pre order at Tyndrum

Last edited:
Aye, had a holiday up at the Rannoch Hotel 15 years ago and I asked the barman for his choice- he poured me an Edradour, very nice.

We also had a week up at a place on Loch Tay near Pitlochry, so thought it was divine intervention, as the distillery is just up the road.

I thought I'd revist some memories...

Quite like Ballechin too

pre ordered the Kilkerran batch 3 heavily peated from Tynedrum...while on added a bottle of the Longrow peated as well.

Not sure when they will arrive mind, though there are far more important things currently happening than when I get my malts delivered.

Chorlton have released their latest 2 bottlings, 11 yo Teaninich and Miltonduff. His last Miltonduff was outstanding.

just received the e mail ( having signed up for the newsletter after you mentioned them) Do look canny..62% for the Miltonduff :lol:

Also just had the e mail from Tyndrum advising Killkerran have paused their shipment of their latest batch of heavily peated.

Last edited:
I know loads on here don't like The Scotch, but are there any whisky lovers out there?

I'm partial to Ardbeg, but have a taste for most of it to be fair.

What's your New Year dram of choice?
Lagavulin is my ultimate favourite but I'm partial to a drop of oban as well.

Scored big style the other day, was checking prime now for their prices when I noticed the Laphroaig 10 was £2.50 a bottle :eek:

Must be a miniature I thought but no, it was listed as 70cl.

So I chucked one in my basket along with a buffalo trace to bring the total to over £20 and therefore have them delivered. I really, really wanted to add a lot more of the Laphroaig but I thought if I do there's absolutely no chance they'll honour it, whereas with just 1 they might. I still didn't think they would tbh.

Anyway the delivery bloke turned up, they'd ran out of buffalo trace so all he had for me was the 70cl of Laphroaig for the grand total of £2.50

Logon or register to see this image

:cool:

On Glenlivet 12 tonight

you might be interested in this

New to Ardbeg core range...5 year Wee Beastie

Quite like that they’re open and up there with a 5 year age statement rather than hide behind some name for a NAS

Be interesting how it’s priced ?

Starting early today.

I'm on Deanston 18. Opened it a while back and wasn't overly fussed about it. Much better today. Bottled at 46%, finding the sweet spot with a tiny splash of water. Probably be lucky to make the 8 o'clock round of applause.

Starting early today.

I'm on Deanston 18. Opened it a while back and wasn't overly fussed about it. Much better today. Bottled at 46%, finding the sweet spot with a tiny splash of water. Probably be lucky to make the 8 o'clock round of applause.
Lovely stuff 👍
Find that with a lot of bottles if you have a dram or two out then leave it a while it opens up much better

Last edited:

Back