Whisky

not a bad price that...just enough of a trek to put me off. Have often fancied popping in
Quite handy for me and they have a cracking selection although many out of my price bracket (I’m not really happy going much above about £70 and tend to shop mainly in the £40-£60 category).
They are extremely knowledgable as well, lass in there seems to spend most of her life on distillery tours and I’ve had some cracking recommendations from them.
Well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods.

Quite handy for me and they have a cracking selection although many out of my price bracket (I’m not really happy going much above about £70 and tend to shop mainly in the £40-£60 category).
They are extremely knowledgable as well, lass in there seems to spend most of her life on distillery tours and I’ve had some cracking recommendations from them.
Well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods.

passed it a few times and thought I must pop in.
Shame nothing like that Sunderland way

Bunna 12 for £34 from Tyndrum
House of Tyrell Clynelish for £28.80 at The Whisky Shop
I'm liking the look of this have you tried it ? Not sure if I'm happy on taking deliveries in the near future tho ☹️

I'm liking the look of this have you tried it ? Not sure if I'm happy on taking deliveries in the near future tho ☹

Can’t say I have. Glen Grant is one of those distilleries I never seem to buy even though I’ve not had a whisky from them I’ve disliked.

Mannochmore, Tullibardine and Glentauchers thus far for me tonight. Got an Hakushu and Kilchoman lined up to close the evening.

Can’t say I have. Glen Grant is one of those distilleries I never seem to buy even though I’ve not had a whisky from them I’ve disliked.

Mannochmore, Tullibardine and Glentauchers thus far for me tonight. Got an Hakushu and Kilchoman lined up to close the evening.

finished a bottle of one of their Travel exclusives last night (Rothes Chronicles)
I know travel exclusives can be very hit and often miss but this was good.

would buy again if I saw it.

Just stocked up with another batch of standard old favourites to go with last weeks purchases.
Glenfarclas 15
Kilkerran 12
Port Charlotte 10
Springbank 10

I need to stop panic buying now :lol:
Can anybody recommend a decent introduction to Japanese Whisky in the £40-£60 price bracket?
Edradour is a good go to sipper had a couple of bottles they make some great Whisky , they do some wacky casks finishes 👍
Not drank much Edradour but recently finished a bottle of this which I quite enjoyed:
Edradour 10 Year Old 2009 (cask 59) - Straight From The Cask

Last edited:
Just stocked up with another batch of standard old favourites to go with last weeks purchases.
Glenfarclas 15
Kilkerran 12
Port Charlotte 10
Springbank 10

Can anybody recommend a decent introduction to Japanese Whisky in the £40-£60 price bracket?

Not drank much Edradour but recently finished a bottle of this which I quite enjoyed:

Nikka from the barrel. I’d avoid most of the other NAS stuff.

Glenfarclas 15
Kilkerran 12
Port Charlotte 10
Springbank 10

of the above 4 standard favourites I’ve the last three on the go and like them all.

Back