Whisky

It’s a difficult price bracket, particularly for those who like their whisky bottled around 46% or above.
Amazon have the Glenfarclas 10 YO on offer at £24.70. It’s not a bad dram for those bottled at 40%.

Edit: Just noticed it’s £9 delivery so not much of a bargain after all :rolleyes:
Talisker Skye £26 in Tesco or maybe give Aldi’s Glen Marnoch Islay a go if you want cheaper?

aye £10 quid more and you’re the in the field of non chill filtered and 43 or even 46%...does make a world of difference.

Ancnoc might be worth looking at (sometimes at the price range ) even though 40%

bought the Glenfarclas 105 today and at 42 Euros for a litre is a really good price ( best I think I’ve seen it) :eek:

Last edited:

aye £10 quid more and you’re the in the field of non chill filtered and 43 or even 46%...does make a world of difference.

Ancnoc might be worth looking at (sometimes at the price range ) even though 40%

bought the Glenfarclas 105 today and at 42 Euros for a litre is a really good price ( best I think I’ve seen it) :eek:

There's a review on Amazon somewhere written by a bloke who lives practically next door to the Glenfarclas distillery however orders the 105 from abroad as it works out much cheaper to do so. Cheaper for a litre delivered from abroad than it would be to buy a 70cl from the distillery gift shop or so he reckoned....

There's a review on Amazon somewhere written by a bloke who lives practically next door to the Glenfarclas distillery however orders the 105 from abroad as it works out much cheaper to do so. Cheaper for a litre delivered from abroad than it would be to buy a 70cl from the distillery gift shop or so he reckoned....

yeah...ordered from Holland far cheaper for a litre than standard bottle in UK...also pre ordered the new 5 year old new Ardbeg ( got to try it ;) )

yeah...ordered from Holland far cheaper for a litre than standard bottle in UK...also pre ordered the new 5 year old new Ardbeg ( got to try it ;) )
Aye I was reading about that one myself the other day, yep, definitely one I'll be looking to sample. Have you had the Lagavulin 9 that they released for GoT? It's very nice IMO, smoky as you expect but really quite sweet too. They reckon their 8 is good n'all.
Having woodland reserve tonight.

Lovely
Woodford?

Aye I was reading about that one myself the other day, yep, definitely one I'll be looking to sample. Have you had the Lagavulin 9 that they released for GoT? It's very nice IMO, smoky as you expect but really quite sweet too. They reckon their 8 is good n'all.

Woodford?
Aye that too. 😂

Got a large Auchentoshan American Oak in my glass at the moment(present) and very nice it is.

Haha, aye it's class, cracking go to bourbon. I just got an Eagle Rare as it's down to £30 on Amazon, had a Woodford the other week when it was £20 in Tesco (bargain)
Still have wild Turkey 101, maker mark 46 and four Rose's to try yet.

And dalmore, ben bracken and jura on the malt side.

Running low on jim beam and glenfiddich.

Going shopping for me mother tomorrow so she might buy me a new one to keep the stock up as cant be too careful.

Woodford?

had their 8 in the past, do like it.
Despite not being keen on the bullshit and marketing of the GOT thing I‘m afraid I succumbed...it was the cheapest Laga I’ve ever seen.

Still have wild Turkey 101, maker mark 46 and four Rose's to try yet.

And dalmore, ben bracken and jura on the malt side.

Running low on jim beam and glenfiddich.

Going shopping for me mother tomorrow so she might buy me a new one to keep the stock up as cant be too careful.
101 and 46 are both excellent IMHO, I thoroughly enjoyed both anyway. Which four roses is it? I've only had their standard (yellow label) and small batch. The yellow label I enjoyed, the small batch not so much...
had their 8 in the past, do like it.
Despite not being keen on the bullshit and marketing of the GOT thing I‘m afraid I succumbed...it was the cheapest Laga I’ve ever seen.
I bought one mate, didn't last long. I've got the Oban too but haven't opened it yet

101 and 46 are both excellent IMHO, I thoroughly enjoyed both anyway. Which four roses is it? I've only had their standard (yellow label) and small batch. The yellow label I enjoyed, the small batch not so much...
Just says four Rose's- imported. The colour could be yellow, i guess just a fadded yellow.

I bought one mate, didn't last long. I've got the Oban too but haven't opened it yet

the Clynelish was available for £28 and bottled at 51%...but every review I read said not a patch on their lovely 14 year old and didn’t bother

Just says four Rose's- imported. The colour could be yellow, i guess just a fadded yellow.
Sounds like their yellow label mate, I enjoyed that one
the Clynelish was available for £28 and bottled at 51%...but every review I read said not a patch on their lovely 14 year old and didn’t bother
There's supposed to be a couple of them half decent but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head

Me grandad found a bottle of Teachers highland cream in the back of the cupboard he reckon been there 20 years+ and it’s lovely like. Not one of the top of the ranges but ideal for a few before bed

what you recommend in the £35 range then?

there's that much choice, i really have no idea. just like it smooth

£35 really starts to open up loads more...by then you should be looking for 46% ish ABV and non chill filtered.
Killerran 12
Benromach 10
Bunnahabhain 12
Arran 10
Glenn Scotia Double cask

All on Amazon at £35 quid ish...from Campbeltown, Islay to Islands

Just off the top of my head, sure others can add suggestions

£35 really starts to open up loads more...by then you should be looking for 46% ish ABV and non chill filtered.
Killerran 12
Benromach 10
Bunnahabhain 12
Arran 10
Glenn Scotia Double cask

All on Amazon at £35 quid ish...from Campbeltown, Islay to Islands

Just off the top of my head, sure others can add suggestions

cheers

chill filtering - is that just an aesthetic thing? and do better, more expensive whiskys not go through this?

Back