Whisky

Had a sample at a Distell tasting. Very nice indeed. On my 'to do' list. One I've been wanting to buy is the BenRiach 12 Sherry Wood. Anyone tried that?
BenRiach is a distillery I've never got around to having anything from yet but have been close a few times to buying a bottle, you don't see many bad reviews for most of their bottlings
Went with popular opinion and poured a dram of the Deanston Decennary . A blend of drams from 4 decades:

1977 - Whisky Refill
1982 - American Oak
1996 - Port Pipe
2006 - Pedro Ximenez

Like all Deanstons, very quaffable.
That sounds cracking 👍

Last edited:
BenRiach is a distillery I've never got around to having anything from yet but have been close a few times to buying a bottle, you don't see many bad reviews for most of their bottlings

I love their 22 yo Dark Rum bottling, more than most it seems as it gets middling reviews on whiskybase. Opened a peated port-pipe Benriach last weekend which is also decent.

That sounds cracking 👍

it does indeed sound a belter :lol:
I love their 22 yo Dark Rum bottling, more than most it seems as it gets middling reviews on whiskybase. Opened a peated port-pipe Benriach last weekend which is also decent.

is it Benriach who are part of the Glendronach and Glenglasshaugh group ?

Last edited:
Took on a distillery and a booze distributor as customers a while back. They were knocking out Bowmore 15yo and Caorunn Highland Strength at £25 a bottle prior to the virus. Will need to make them last while the embargo is on.

Lovely stuff 👍
Find that with a lot of bottles if you have a dram or two out then leave it a while it opens up much better
I've had bottles in the past that I've never really enjoyed until the last actual glass. Tends to be those you expect big things from, it's like you put a block on your senses.

Im new to this whisky malarkey, but following a recommendation an a similar whisky thread (starter whiskey) i bought a bottle of Ben Bracken Speyside from Lidl. Very nice it is too, especially when i'd only ever had Bells previously!!
Well, i bought the Ben Bracken Islay tonight, and that is really nice as well, got more of a smokey flavour.

Back