Whisky

Has anyone tried Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair?

I'm a fan of their 12yo and the NAS is available for £22.50 with subscribe & save:-
Yeah I've got a bottle open at the minute and it's canny. Be aware mind, it's a struggle to pronounce when you need the missus to get it from the whisky cabinet.

Deanston Kentucky Cask back on Amazon for £12

I bought a bottle from Amazon, I'm glad I only got one :( tried it last night. Insipid doesn't even begin to describe it. Tasted like it had been watered down x4. Easily the worst whisky I have ever tasted.
Poured the rest straight down the sink.

I bought a bottle from Amazon, I'm glad I only got one :( tried it last night. Insipid doesn't even begin to describe it. Tasted like it had been watered down x4. Easily the worst whisky I have ever tasted.
Poured the rest straight down the sink.
It's a shame that Deanston released this. I like them as a Distillery, but this wasn't a great offering.

It's a shame that Deanston released this. I like them as a Distillery, but this wasn't a great offering.
Bought one at £12…don’t even plan to try it on its own.
Purely for any whisky based cocktails.

Maybe a suggestion of the future approach from Distell ?

I’ve previously struggled with red wine cask finishes but I’ve just cracked open an Australian Starward Fortis matured in American oak casks previously holding Australian red wine and throughly enjoyed it right from the neck pour.

Not something I’d ever have bought myself (it was a club bottle). Not sure if the difference is that this one has been fully matured in red wine casks rather than just finished in them but looking forward to the rest of the bottle now 👍

I’ve previously struggled with red wine cask finishes but I’ve just cracked open an Australian Starward Fortis matured in American oak casks previously holding Australian red wine and throughly enjoyed it right from the neck pour.

Not something I’d ever have bought myself (it was a club bottle). Not sure if the difference is that this one has been fully matured in red wine casks rather than just finished in them but looking forward to the rest of the bottle now 👍
I find peat aged in red wine casks is an amazing marriage, agree it could possibly depend on aging entirely in cask rather than being finished in one

Looks like there’s going to be a 21yo release before the end of the year. If the auction prices over the last couple of days are any indicator, it’s going to be very difficult to acquire.
Noticed prices across the board at bottles I've been looking at last couple of days at auction have gone up another level, wonder if it's a Christmas thing hopefully settle back down in the new year.

Looks like there’s going to be a 21yo release before the end of the year. If the auction prices over the last couple of days are any indicator, it’s going to be very difficult to acquire.
Might be worth making the trip to acquire one if that's the case. Would really appreciate a heads up when it's due to drop if you'd be so kind

Doing a charity silent stills tasting for my local whisky group early next month. Looking like an interesting lineup:

Garnheath 42yo: That Boutique-y Whisky Co
Littlemill 24yo: Whisky-Fassle
Caperdonich 21yo: Acorn
Brechin 28yo: Douglas Laing
Imperial 26yo: Elixir Distillers
Glen Albyn 26yo: First Cask
Rosebank 17yo: Murray McDavid
Pittyvaich 28yo: Diageo Special Edition

Optional Extras:
Port Ellen 28yo: Old Bothwell
Glenury Royal 20yo: Duncan Taylor
Millburn 18yo: Rare Malts

There’s a few distilleries in there I’ve never tried.

Doing a charity silent stills tasting for my local whisky group early next month. Looking like an interesting lineup:

Garnheath 42yo: That Boutique-y Whisky Co
Littlemill 24yo: Whisky-Fassle
Caperdonich 21yo: Acorn
Brechin 28yo: Douglas Laing
Imperial 26yo: Elixir Distillers
Glen Albyn 26yo: First Cask
Rosebank 17yo: Murray McDavid
Pittyvaich 28yo: Diageo Special Edition

Optional Extras:
Port Ellen 28yo: Old Bothwell
Glenury Royal 20yo: Duncan Taylor
Millburn 18yo: Rare Malts

There’s a few distilleries in there I’ve never tried.
No Deanston Kentucky Oak ?

Count me out then.

Back