Whisky

I’ve barely drunk anything of late. Went to a Glenturret tasting on Friday night which was only 4 drams - probably more whisky than I’ve drank in 4 months.
I'm the same. Interested to know what the 100% bourbon 12 yo is like but don't wanna open mine just yet lol. Same with the SB and LR 18 and the KK 16 tbh

Just back from Dalwhinnie distillery and picked up a bottle of Strathmill single malt. Any one know if it’s any good?

Just back from Dalwhinnie distillery and picked up a bottle of Strathmill single malt. Any one know if it’s any good?

Impossible to say, there are so many Strathmill bottlings available that more detail would be required to determine which it was. That said, I can't say I've had a Strathmill in a long time - the expressions I have tried have tended to be quite delicate and offer a hay/grass flavour profile. If you search for the bottle on whiskybase, there may be reviews of it.
Serge's review of the Diageo special release Lagavulin 12 proved too tempting to resist, even if the price brings bile to the throat.

Last edited:
Impossible to say, there are so many Strathmill bottlings available that more detail would be required to determine which it was. That said, I can't say I've had a Strathmill in a long time - the expressions I have tried have tended to be quite delicate and offer a hay/grass flavour profile. If you search for the bottle on whiskybase, there may be reviews of it.
Serge's review of the Diageo special release Lagavulin 12 proved too tempting to resist, even if the price brings bile to the throat.
That's a canny mark, what was the damage on it

I need to draw the purse strings a bit. On top of all the Springbank stuff, already picked up a Ledaig 26 and Caperdonich 25 from the SMWS 15% off promotion and an IB blood tub Waterford from my ‘October’ whisky spends.
I'm debating wether to go for the Glentauchers 31 Chorlton release its a distillery I've never tried, and maybe the ledaig 12.

Back