Whisky

On about the whisky shop inflating prices (and being shite bags in general) they have yamazaki 12 on for £185 😲

A couple of weeks ago I bagged one from Amazon for £98, and usually see it at no more than £120-130

Aye you’re right, just checked

Really pleasant bitterness on the finish on that. Was decent value in the current marketplace too.
I know exactly what you mean by the finish, you can tell theirs a lot of wood involved but not overpowering the spirit a good balance but a lot going on

On about the whisky shop inflating prices (and being shite bags in general) they have yamazaki 12 on for £185 😲

A couple of weeks ago I bagged one from Amazon for £98, and usually see it at no more than £120-130

just went on their website for a laugh...Glengoyne 10 £40 and 12 at £45 :lol:

Across the board they’re stupidly overpriced

Definitely one of my best bang for bucks in recent years, I bought a second which I rarely do
Ummed and ahhed about that one a few times, now it's no longer readily available I do kind of wish I'd taken the plunge. Was on a self imposed ban from buying though, only broke it today for the Campbeltown stuff. Shit no actually the other day for the Ardnamurchan

Ummed and ahhed about that one a few times, now it's no longer readily available I do kind of wish I'd taken the plunge. Was on a self imposed ban from buying though, only broke it today for the Campbeltown stuff. Shit no actually the other day for the Ardnamurchan
It gives you all the cask data on the box, I can't remember the exact details but the whisky is actually something I've 90% over 30 yr old

The better half got this sent the other day from something she liked on Facebook /Instagram. The tasting is on a school night so will be waiting and catching up on the weekend. Is it any good? My normal house whisky is glendronach 12 which I quite enjoy but know very little about whiskies.
Logon or register to see this image

They’re all French dessert wines. Bruichladdich often use Rivesaltes casks while Sauternes casks are quite ubiquitous. I’ve had a French whisky from a Monbazillac cask (seemed very similar to Sauternes to me) but it’s quite uncommon.

Tomatin are generally have a fruit forward distillery character - mostly stone fruit.

Back