Whisky

Best stout I ever had was goose island bourbon county, absolutely unreal. Enjoyed the Ardbeg wee shortie porter n'all. Got a bottle of Innis & Gunn Laphroaig aged amber ale which I might fire open at the weekend

just finished the theme with a small Octomore dram....be tasting the stout and peat into the weekend

Best stout I ever had was goose island bourbon county, absolutely unreal. Enjoyed the Ardbeg wee shortie porter n'all. Got a bottle of Innis & Gunn Laphroaig aged amber ale which I might fire open at the weekend

i’ve had a few bottles of that Goose Island, agree it’s very good. I also like the 312 as a more standard beer.

Kilchoman this evening. Canny.

One of my favourite distilleries. Which one did you have?

RMW have just released their own mezcal finished Kilchoman. Not the cheapest but couldn't resist.

Had a very decent Mackmyra tasting last night. Not the most complex whisky but very easy drinkers, picked up the Amerikcansk Ek afterwards and was quite tempted by the Svensk Ek. It's quite a strange setup, they lose a huge amount of abv during maturation but the angel nary takes a share. Average round 196L from a 200L cask, but in the same timeframe they'll lose so much abv that cask strength is typically around 45-49% despite putting the whisky into the cask at the industry standard 63%. They were very generous too - gave us a full bottle of each whisky to dispense amongst the group for free.

Logon or register to see this image

i’ve had a few bottles of that Goose Island, agree it’s very good. I also like the 312 as a more standard beer.

One of my favourite distilleries. Which one did you have?
Was like drinking liquid velvet, excellent texture and consistency and absolutely incredible flavour too. If I get another chance to grab a bottle I undoubtedly will. I'll look into the 312

Currently supping Bunna 12. I watched a Ralphy review of Bunna 12 from about five years ago earlier this week and he mentioned being a student drinking Thunderbird which took me back to my own student days. Rather a different drinking experience to a single malt.

Currently supping Bunna 12. I watched a Ralphy review of Bunna 12 from about five years ago earlier this week and he mentioned being a student drinking Thunderbird which took me back to my own student days. Rather a different drinking experience to a single malt.

remember Thunderbird....quite the thing in student days...red or blue bottles from memory.

Can‘t go wrong with a Bunna 12 mind, try blending with Ardbeg Uigedeal. 👍

remember Thunderbird....quite the thing in student days...red or blue bottles from memory.

Can‘t go wrong with a Bunna 12 mind, try blending with Ardbeg Uigedeal. 👍
Thunderbird and mad dog 20/20 🤪 having a couple AnCnoc 18 tonight , don't think I'll be getting as pissed as when I drank the afore mentioned fortified wines !

Thunderbird and mad dog 20/20 🤪 having a couple AnCnoc 18 tonight , don't think I'll be getting as pissed as when I drank the afore mentioned fortified wines !

Roy ( Acqvavitae) loves their 18...always going on about it :lol:
Keep meaning to try it as a decent price
Red, Blue & Purple labels IIRC based upon increasing strength. 12% up to 18% abv again if my addled brain can recall back the guts of 40 years.

Was always the “pre pub loading” drink of choice when younger...before pubs opened all day.

[URL=https://www.directupload.net]
[/URL]
having a couple of these as pallet cleansers not really my cup of tea Scotch ale from bourbon barrels, might suit the lads on here who like their bourbon as its right up front in the flavour
Roy ( Acqvavitae) loves their 18...always going on about it :lol:
Keep meaning to try it as a decent price

Was always the “pre pub loading” drink of choice when younger...before pubs opened all day.
The 18 is great, love the 24 I have a bottle of that open but not a lot between the 2 to be fair, really underrated distillery in my opinion

Last edited:
[URL=https://www.directupload.net]
[/URL]
having a couple of these as pallet cleansers not really my cup of tea Scotch ale from bourbon barrels, might suit the lads on here who like their bourbon as its right up front in the flavour

The 18 is great, love the 24 I have a bottle of that open but not a lot between the 2 to be fair, really underrated distillery in my opinion

enjoyed their 12 and also one of their travel exclusives ( I know :oops: )
The 18 is certainly on my list

Back