Whisky

I've just had a look at the Blair Athol following my Tobermory disappointment and it is also from a red wine barrique. I quite enjoy the bottle I have as a variation from other malts.

Gutted about the Tobermorry. I was sniffing about their site today for no reason in particular, wasn't expecting a bottling to come out. I love a bit of Tobermorry/Ledaig. Have to admit, I'm pissed off at missing this.

Anyway, I turned my misery to a homage to Whiskybroker releases tonight,

Dalmore 13. Very very nice, but jeezo it is sweet, the sherry would pull the fillings out of your teeth.

Blair Athol 10 yo Red Wine Barrique. Blair Athol gets a hard time as a blend distillery, but this is a really interesting bottling. Very dry, but well worth the money. I think it was £40, really good value for the price.

Inchgower 9. Fruity, didn't like it on the nose at first. First dram of the three was my least favourite. 2nd time round I was loving it. Lovely stuff.

Gutted about the Tobermorry. I was sniffing about their site today for no reason in particular, wasn't expecting a bottling to come out. I love a bit of Tobermorry/Ledaig. Have to admit, I'm pissed off at missing this.

Anyway, I turned my misery to a homage to Whiskybroker releases tonight,

Dalmore 13. Very very nice, but jeezo it is sweet, the sherry would pull the fillings out of your teeth.

Blair Athol 10 yo Red Wine Barrique. Blair Athol gets a hard time as a blend distillery, but this is a really interesting bottling. Very dry, but well worth the money. I think it was £40, really good value for the price.

Inchgower 9. Fruity, didn't like it on the nose at first. First dram of the three was my least favourite. 2nd time round I was loving it. Lovely stuff.

Ledaig is in my top 5, fabulous dram. The Inchgower probably just needed some air. I’ve found that to be the case with a few Whiskybroker bottles.

So the Whiskybroker "Mourinho" is a Springbank as suggested, a 21 year old. According to their facebook post it's gonna be sold via a ballot type thing, only available to those with purchase history. Unfortunately with whiskybroker I have none. :cry:

If anyone who gets the chance but doesn't want to take it up fancies emailing me their code I'd be extremely grateful...

So the Whiskybroker "Mourinho" is a Springbank as suggested, a 21 year old. According to their facebook post it's gonna be sold via a ballot type thing, only available to those with purchase history. Unfortunately with whiskybroker I have none. :cry:

If anyone who gets the chance but doesn't want to take it up fancies emailing me their code I'd be extremely grateful...

I've bought from them but nowhere near enough I’d imagine...if somehow I get a code and price out of my league you can have it...wonder what he means by expensive :lol:

Let's see what the qualification criteria are when they are announced. It's like an exciting version of the FA Cup draw waiting to see if you get a code although in the unlikely event that I received a code I doubt that I would buy.

Bit of a strange one here. A 1l bottle of this popped up on Facebook Marketplace last night, I just missed out (said if the guy doesn't pick it up it's mine)? - £75?

Bit of a strange one here. A 1l bottle of this popped up on Facebook Marketplace last night, I just missed out (said if the guy doesn't pick it up it's mine)? - £75?

it was a travel retail bottle a couple of years ago - most are 1L bottles. Not very good but you’d easily triple your money if you sold it on after buying it for that price.

A couple of bottles I came across the other day from the early days of Whiskybroker. The Tomintoul was £60, Ardbeg was £65. There was a 30yo Caol Ila for £60 too but that’s long gone. Miss those days.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image
Happy days ! Prices are getting crazy now across the board IB's are the only place you can find a bit value and whisky broker are about the fairest out there I'd say

Back