whiplash ( exercise to improve symptoms )

Like the stupid sod I am have had a small fall down the stairs the other day, was carrying a chair and that broke my fall, but I think caused whiplash.

Have headaches and pain in neck and shoulder, a quick google seems to point to a case of whiplash, so with that in mind any ideas on some exercise to improve the symptoms, is there anything I should or could be doing or is it just waiting it out, I read not to rest it too much and try and do something but unsure what's the best way forward, so was wondering if anyone else had dealt with this kind of thing before, don't want to make it worse?

Sorry to hear about your fall mate and wishing you a swift recovery.

My coach has worked out that I have very tight traps, leading to headaches when deadlifting for about 10 reps - so sounds like a similar problem.

I'm stretching my neck twice a day based on this:

And then using a foam roller for upper back based on this:

Hope they are of some use.

Sorry to hear about your fall mate and wishing you a swift recovery.

My coach has worked out that I have very tight traps, leading to headaches when deadlifting for about 10 reps - so sounds like a similar problem.

I'm stretching my neck twice a day based on this:

And then using a foam roller for upper back based on this:

Hope they are of some use.
thanks a lot mate will give this ago, rang NHS direct for advice and it was to try and keep moving and take codeine from the GP if it doesn't ease off over the next few days, said it could be weeks before it starts to get better, just cant seem to get comfortable with it.

Back