Which yearly sporting event do you look forward to most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharastani won two derbies, ;)

so did the agas next winner
kayhasi

peintre celebre winning the arc is my fave
stunning animal
http://www.youtube.com/wapeintre celebretch?v=mOoVU-hjrnM

Weirdly I like it even more when it's on the other side of the world because I have to wake up at silly o clock to watch it. For some reason it makes it even better

my wife and i, when we lived in toronto, because all the races were silly oclock, used to do the food and drink of that country for the race weekend, japan was always good for sushi and sake cocktails for germany i skipped the food and just drank beer

I'd been backing Shahrastani constantly that year, I was really impressed with his early stuff and then I saw Dancing Brave win the Guineas and tried to get a saver on, but they wouldn't take me bet cos he wasn't entered at the time.
All things come to those who wait. ;)

DB was running in a race a fair few weeks before the Derby but there was a bit of doubt about his fitness (and he had been one of the top most rated 2yo beforehand). Me ma gave me the £25 to pay the rent on the same day it was running in the Derby trial and when I walked past the the Joe Gardiners next to the Eagle on my way to pay the rent I went in and chucked the lot on DB. Came in 6/4. :cool:

Not really a great deal of money back then and even less so now, but it got me a weekend on the lash. :)

Yeah, I did pay the rent.

so did the agas next winner
kayhasi

peintre celebre winning the arc is my fave
stunning animal
http://www.youtube.com/wapeintre celebretch?v=mOoVU-hjrnM

my wife and i, when we lived in toronto, because all the races were silly oclock, used to do the food and drink of that country for the race weekend, japan was always good for sushi and sake cocktails for germany i skipped the food and just drank beer

Roll on the Russian GP, Vodka and.......er more Vodka

Weirdly I like it even more when it's on the other side of the world because I have to wake up at silly o clock to watch it. For some reason it makes it even better

Anar what you mean it's like the World Cup when it was in different time zones you get more excited for the daft kick off times opposed to when it's in Europe.

Roll on the Russian GP, Vodka and.......er more Vodka

sack the cabbage, i worked in an office full of russians and they all stank of cabbage

was a great little thing we did, none of our mates out there liked f1 so we'd do this on our own, happy dayz

I know it's not yearly but head and shoulders above all other sporting events - The Ashes.

if not yearly is in then th eryder cup is fantastic

Anar what you mean it's like the World Cup when it was in different time zones you get more excited for the daft kick off times opposed to when it's in Europe.

Japan was quality, go to the pub for a 7am kick off, start the day with a bacon sarnie washed down with a beer then keep drinking until the next morning.

Yearly, probably get bereated but the Superbowl. Always book the Monday off afterwards. Some great finishes in recent years anarl.

guess who lumped on him:oops::oops:

Prefer the opening Thursday night game now

i feel your pain brother

was wilie on him? dickie hern training i recall, sheikh hamdan bought his stud from the wifes uncle (shadwell)

Japan was quality, go to the pub for a 7am kick off, start the day with a bacon sarnie washed down with a beer then keep drinking until the next morning.

Agreed always remember how packed me local was for the Argie game a 12 o'clock kick off loads of people having an extended lunches and going back to work stinking of drink even if they hadn't had one.

The Brazil game I always remember going up to Newcastle with loads of people on the metro going to work and me just jeaned and t shirted and out for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back