Which Sunderland postcode has the best trees?

Where are they building new houses? They built that estate on Dene House yet?

It’s almost finished. Other estate is opposite Tudor and looks pretty much finished. Another is on Oakerside drive near the Hearts of Oak, they are breaking ground on two estates behind Teign close and Tamar close. You probably know about the ones by the Tree of York, and on the old IBM site.

It’s almost finished. Other estate is opposite Tudor and looks pretty much finished. Another is on Oakerside drive near the Hearts of Oak, they are breaking ground on two estates behind Teign close and Tamar close. You probably know about the ones by the Tree of York, and on the old IBM site.

Where is the old IBM site? I seem to remember hearing about the old IBM factory, but don't actually know where it was.

The woods at the back of my house have been there since the earliest OS maps were produced (oldmaps.com).

It’s a natural wood with mixed species and we regularly have squirrels, owls, wood pigeons and the odd fox.

It’s great listening to nature with the windows open.
Be better if the little scroates would stop burning the trees down in there.

The council tree death squads will be watching this thread and will be out Monday to fell every tree mentioned.

They seem to relish the task. Makes me wonder if they get to flog the logs and pocket the proceeds.

I used to live there, and my aunt owned a house there. There used to be a small gardeners shed on the grass.
I used to live in number 13, someone off this very board bought my old flat off my ex lass.

Can’t remember who it was.

Loved living down there.

The shed must’ve been before my time.

Last edited:

Back