Washington Grammar 1959 to 1966

Fellow pupils

Bryan Ferry

Howard Kendall

Colin Suggett

...and my Mam!!! :D

MACKEM ANGELS said:
JXB1970 said:
went to SMS then onto northlea Comp in seaham may years ago!!!

i went to school with terry fenwicks Brother

Ahaaaa, you must be about the same age as my sister then, cos she was at Seaham Comp (aaaah it was Northlea Grammar when I was there :cry: ) with Fenwick's kid brother anarl.

and who would your sister be????

ALC said:
Biddick Comp - Washington - cant remember much about it except there were a lot of people walking around playing banjo's :eek:

Me too... left in '85 (second year in the place after it opened).

Neebody here gan to Witherwack Primary?

Willis the Doxy Red said:
That wouldn't be difficult Smally - what teachers were at AHS when you were their?

Mr Davies - I hated him as well 'cos he constantly put me in detention or"detenthion" as he would say!
Mr Holmes - the great unwashed 'cos he never used deodourant. He was quite handy with the cane
Mr McCarthy - acted big and hard but I'm certain it was all talk.

Those three made the biggest impression on me for all the wrong reasons. Top of the list had to be Johnson himself though. I left in 1982 and even now I swear if I ever meet him I'd do him an injury.

CHESTER ROAD me like
none of these poncey f***ing schools ya get nowa days!!!!

broadway, me like, did i spell this lot reet,cos' i learned nowt there

Bobby Kerr's Tash - I went to Witherwack Primary, class school :D
Hell of a jolt going from there to Red House Comp, I can tell you !

jabba said:

When were you at Witherwack, Jabba?

It was indeed a class school, nowt but good memories of the place for me. Would've gone to red House Comp too, but we moved to Washington when I was 9. Close shave... :wink:

Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:

It was indeed a class school, nowt but good memories of the place for me. Would've gone to red House Comp too, but we moved to Washington when I was 9. Close shave... :wink:

I left in 78 m8, so that makes me, err.....old :(

smally said:
Belmont Comp, which was altogether a much nicer school. There was a reunion back in September for the 1982 leavers and a good time was had by all.

I went to Belmont n'all. Left in 1995, so well after your time. It wasnt ower nice by the time I was there like. Was Mr Harland there when you were there ? -he was a fcuking nutter! :lol:

RGS Newcastle, like Smoker and Edinburghmackem.

Another posh tw*t, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

When I was about 13, my best friend at school, a NUFC supporter, told me during one of our many arguments, that if I claimed to be a SAFC supporter I should go and watch them, and not just talk about them. To encourage me he actually accompanied me to Roker Park - the start of a lifetime of agony and occasional ecstacy. Looking back after several decades of support it was a really big gesture for a 13-year old kid to make to a sworn opponent.

Epping said:
BillQuayForever said:
Bill Quay Primary, Heworth Grange Comp, Manchester Uni, Harvard for my MBA, nearly finished my doctorate at MIT.

serious Harvard.. nah...

I went to Princeton....

Its all true matey - honest. At least up until the Harvard bit............

I do have a pal who went there though - $100g's, but he's a CEO os a software firm in Palo Alto now - the jammy geet

MonkeezGob said:
edinburghmackem said:
RGS Newcastle :roll:

its obviously stood you in good stead !

Like it did one of the Academy lads who I know went there. Wonder what Reidy would have thought...

I'm another Monkeyhouser. Then off to jolly hockey sticks at Cambridge. Post tw*t, me like.

jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:

I left in 78 m8, so that makes me, err.....old :(

That must make me old too, mate... 'cos I left in '78 too :eek:

Should've finished in '80, but we moved to Washington as I said. Me bro wouldve been in your year though... werent in Mr Bainbridges class, were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back