Which school did everyone go to???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash - I went to Witherwack Primary, class school :D
Hell of a jolt going from there to Red House Comp, I can tell you !

When were you at Witherwack, Jabba?

It was indeed a class school, nowt but good memories of the place for me. Would've gone to red House Comp too, but we moved to Washington when I was 9. Close shave... :wink:

I left in 78 m8, so that makes me, err.....old :(

That must make me old too, mate... 'cos I left in '78 too :eek:

Should've finished in '80, but we moved to Washington as I said. Me bro wouldve been in your year though... werent in Mr Bainbridges class, were you?

I certainly was m8, and Mr Bainbridge was without doubt the best teacher I've ever had, shame bout the dodgy tash, like ;)

wolfey said:
Blackhills Road Infants and Juniors, alas partly demolished.

Howletch Comprehensive in Peterlee, still a Sixth Form College.

God was I glad to get away.

Snap on all 3 Wolfey, although I must be a couple of years older than you because Howletch was Peterlee Grammar 8)

I even had a year at the tin school!!!

jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash - I went to Witherwack Primary, class school :D
Hell of a jolt going from there to Red House Comp, I can tell you !

When were you at Witherwack, Jabba?

It was indeed a class school, nowt but good memories of the place for me. Would've gone to red House Comp too, but we moved to Washington when I was 9. Close shave... :wink:

I left in 78 m8, so that makes me, err.....old :(

That must make me old too, mate... 'cos I left in '78 too :eek:

Should've finished in '80, but we moved to Washington as I said. Me bro wouldve been in your year though... werent in Mr Bainbridges class, were you?

I certainly was m8, and Mr Bainbridge was without doubt the best teacher I've ever had, shame bout the dodgy tash, like ;)

Aye, not as good as mine though :D

I was in Mrs Collins class, me bro in Mr Bainbridges. You must've known each other!

Great school. Mr Hunter was a canny bloke an arl... for a headmaster.

Bobby Kerr's Tash said:
I was in Mrs Collins class, me bro in Mr Bainbridges. You must've known each other!

Yup - I was in Miss Collins class first two years of the juniors - she gave me n me mate the ballet shoe for drawing matchstick men on the Ladybird Workcards ! :eek:
Mr Hunter - sound bloke, remember the Birthday Basket ? Fishing about for aomething that felt 'substantial' ;)

jabba said:
Bobby Kerr's Tash said:

Yup - I was in Miss Collins class first two years of the juniors - she gave me n me mate the ballet shoe for drawing matchstick men on the Ladybird Workcards ! :eek:
Mr Hunter - sound bloke, remember the Birthday Basket ? Fishing about for aomething that felt 'substantial' ;)

Yep. As for Mrs Collins ballet shoe... do you remember Mr James and Mr Bainbridge had a pair of trainers between them.. 'The Fixer' and 'The Fixer 2' I think they were called?

Mr James - now there was a miserable old sod !
He took us for 'craft' and we spent a whole summer sticking sea shells to a jam jar to make a very fetching vase - me mum loved it :?

jabba said:
Mr James - now there was a miserable old sod !
He took us for 'craft' and we spent a whole summer sticking sea shells to a jam jar to make a very fetching vase - me mum loved it :?

Mr James scared the shite outta me... always thought he'd make a good SS Officer in war films :eek:

D'you remember Mrs Hindmarsh? I spent years believing that ex-SAFC player Rob Hindmarsh (RIP Rob) was her son :oops:

Hey Jabba... were you on the footy team back then? All conquering treble winners, beaten in the final of the other trophy IRC.

Mrs Hindmarsh - dodgy leg and even more dodgy piano playing !
And what about Miss Rosenstein - she seemed to be about 8 foot tall (and yes - we did call her Miss Frankenstein)

Actually - now I come to think of it, the whole taching staff consisted of freaks and sadists :eek:

jabba said:
Actually - now I come to think of it, the whole taching staff consisted of freaks and sadists :eek:

Except Mrs Williams, my infant school teacher.... one of the nicest ladies I have ever met in my life. Not a nasty bone in her body :)

Now then......
I was actually good mates with her son Mark and used to regularily go round her house (right next to that church off the bottom of Sea Road, dunno what its called)

Agree - lovely woman, but a bit of a 'happy clapper'

jabba said:
Now then......
I was actually good mates with her son Mark and used to regularily go round her house (right next to that church off the bottom of Sea Road, dunno what its called)

Agree - lovely woman, but a bit of a 'happy clapper'

St. Andrews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back