1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which party do you intend to vote for on June 8th?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RTGAdmin, Apr 18, 2017.

?

Which party do you intend to vote for on June 8th?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2017.
  1. Conservative

146 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Labour

163 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. Lib Dems

82 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. UKIP

14 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Green

15 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Other

34 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. El Matador

El Matador Striker

What appears to be happening is that the initial shift was from people who claimed to be labour supporters to UKIP on the issue of the EU. These 'labour/kipper' supporters now seem to be abandoning the kippers and say they are going to vote tory !!
    Ideological beliefs seem very fickle for some people. If they are to be believed that is.

Mercia Blackcat likes this.
  2. SR5 1SU

SR5 1SU Winger

A coalition complicates negotiations even further was the explanation.

It's good to see they want a smooth as possible process.

3. Narraback

Narraback Winger

And what also seems to be happening is that many people, myself included, think that Corbyn and his Z list shadow cabinet shouldn't be anywhere near Number 10. Normally we'd naturally move to Lib Dem but a combination of their time in the coalition and their stance on Brexit makes them unatractive.

4. El Matador

El Matador Striker

How about labour policies ? Are they preferable to the tories ?

5. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

Ever they ever cost them out, we'll stand a half a chance of answering.

6. El Matador

El Matador Striker

Such as in the same way your beloved tory's have costed out the deficit ?

7. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

Yes - just like that. A policy that gets results. Like reducing the deficit dramatically (and consistently year on year).

8. El Matador

El Matador Striker

Stick to the other thread where your defense of the tory's economic fuck ups is being torn a new one.

9. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

You seem to be confusing me with someone else, whilst also not actually putting an argument forward.

10. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

Well I can understand their stance on Brexit being unattractive to you but their time in the coalition with the Tories?

So their time in the coalition with the Tories that put you off them is responded to by voting Tory?

El Matador and tiptoad like this.
  11. Hulkster

Hulkster Striker

Knock one Tory vote off that list.

The guff they are coming out with is unbelievable, could have come straight from Gordon Brown.

Really wanted to get behind them as the Brexit party, but there's absolutely no chance I can vote for a party advocating higher taxes, higher spending, billions more in foreign aid, state intervention in the economy.

12. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

I don't understand how increasing May's majority, which will weaken the influence of the right of her party, will give them the kind of Brexit that they want.

She's like the Pied Piper and the Kippers will happily follow her, Morris dancing as they go, to a Brexit they don't want.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  13. El Matador

El Matador Striker

I find the whole ideological whoring of themselves baffling.
    It seems they are prepared to vote to decimate the public services and consequently make their own lives poorer by voting for a party they supposedly don't agree with. :confused:
    If Mrs May gets her mandate and keeps her right wing down there may be a lot of very upset and disillusioned people by the time this has played out.

Mercia Blackcat likes this.
  14. andyj73

andyj73 Winger

.. Sounds like sour grapes to me ..

15. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

Of course it does which makes it easier to deal with May.

If she increases her majority then she is no longer going to be forced into a Hard Brexit by the right of her party. Fair enough, but with more centralist moderates she will also find it just as difficult to sell a Hard Brexit if she wanted. It's a two edged sword.

Again fair enough. The Tory Party hasn't really flipped ideologically as a result of Brexit and the EU knows that as a party they remain pro Europe so will want to negotiate a settlement rather than walk away with a Hard Brexit that she will find harder to sell with an increased majority. She has to reach a deal and her no deal is better than a bad deal is now an empty threat.

I'm not surprised they think the way they do.

16. SR5 1SU

SR5 1SU Winger

I disagree. So the many comments about how the Tories are now doing the job for UKIP is false in your opinion? If not false then they are not very pro EU are they.

There's far too many assumptions in that post.

I'll be judging the Tories on action rather than guess work and so far they have done an adequate job.

17. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

I'm not sure what you mean by the Tories are now doing the job for UKIP. They are handling Brexit because that was the result of the referendum and they are the government in power? Who else could organise that? Negotiations haven't begun yet. So we don't know whether they have done an adequate job or not.

However, if you are expecting a Ukip form of Hard Brexit then I think you're going to be disappointed.

18. lordy

lordy Striker

the liberals seem to think they're going to have a massive swing by positioning themselves as the official soboteurs of Brexit, what they forget is that of the 47 seats they won in 2010, 26 of those voted to leave in the referendum, good luck with that project:cool:

19. SR5 1SU

SR5 1SU Winger

It was popular opinion among many remainers that the Tories have now taken the same stance as UKIP so we are heading for disaster. Now you are telling me the Tories are still pro EU, which one is it?

It was popular opinion among many remainers that the referendum was not binding, now you are telling me the Tories had no choice. Which one is it?

They had a piece on newsnight on that very subject.

They were in the SW of England at a place where the Lib Dems were hoping to make ground, even some former Lib Dem voters were saying they will now vote Tory because of the anti Brexit stance from the LD.

:lol::)

lordy likes this.
  20. skullmeister

skullmeister Winger

I would like to vote Labour but won't vote for anyone who is going to ditch our nuclear deterrent, a line in the sand for me.