Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

I'd like some recommendations for a hiking novice. Been enjoying some nice long walks recently but not ready for anything big yet.
Catbells from Keswick, get the boat, follow everyone else on the boat up, spot the quick ways down on the way up, eat picnic at the top, ignore the way up and gan straight down the side and get back on the ferry. Fellow walkers totally flummoxed.

Catbells from Keswick, get the boat, follow everyone else on the boat up, spot the quick ways down on the way up, eat picnic at the top, ignore the way up and gan straight down the side and get back on the ferry. Fellow walkers totally flummoxed.
If you want to lengthen the walk, it's nice to head out of Keswick through Portinscale to the foot of Catbells.

See this is the sort of advice that makes you wanna not bother. :lol:
Is Helvellyn doable with a dog?
Yeah mate. We took ours and she’s tiny. she was fucked like but it was red hot. She managed. She’s coming up Scafell with us. This is her after a 14 miler the other week up and down 3 fells. Keep the dog on the grass rather than the hot stones and they cope much better. I think she f***ing hates me now like :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
See this is the sort of advice that makes you wanna not bother. :lol:

Yeah mate. We took ours and she’s tiny. she was fucked like but it was red hot. She managed. She’s coming up Scafell with us. This is her after a 14 miler the other week up and down 3 fells. Keep the dog on the grass rather than the hot stones and they cope much better. I think she f***ing hates me now like :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Champion. Been to the lakes many times but usually just do an easy walk (such as Tarn Hows last time) then go and get drunk. Wanting to do a proper walk this year

Champion. Been to the lakes many times but usually just do an easy walk (such as Tarn Hows last time) then go and get drunk. Wanting to do a proper walk this year
It’s a great walk up there. Definitely do it from thirlmere side. If you do striding edge you’re coming across a clif face and you’re climbing all the time. There’s pictures on my Instagram which I posted a link to earlier of the same Route. I can send you the map and stuff if you like. It’s about 20 minutes drive from Windermere

Back