Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

Anyone got any tips on Ben Nevis?
Just a very long slog. Nowt particularly difficult about it aslong as you go the main route.
The camp site at the bottom gets very busy Fridays and Saturdays so we've always stopped on it from a Sunday. Nice site with a cracking bar/restaurant. Glen Nevis is worth checking out aswell with the spectacular Steall Falls.

Just a very long slog. Nowt particularly difficult about it aslong as you go the main route.
The camp site at the bottom gets very busy Fridays and Saturdays so we've always stopped on it from a Sunday. Nice site with a cracking bar/restaurant. Glen Nevis is worth checking out aswell with the spectacular Steall Falls.
Aye I’ve booked in at the site. I’m there 4 days I think. What’s the glen nevis stuff then?

I tackled the walk up to Penshaw Monument the other week, that was a calf buster. And running up from the amusements up to The Bungalow Cafe isnt called The Bank of Death for nothing.

Think that's about it.

Aye I’ve booked in at the site. I’m there 4 days I think. What’s the glen nevis stuff then?
A few mile along the narrow road that passes the site. Go as far as the road takes you and there's a small car park.
Nice walk through a gorge that takes you to one of the biggest waterfalls in the country only about two miles or you can combine it with longer routes.

A few mile along the narrow road that passes the site. Go as far as the road takes you and there's a small car park.
Nice walk through a gorge that takes you to one of the biggest waterfalls in the country only about two miles or you can combine it with longer routes.
Class that. Definitely doing that.

Love Semer Water.

Doing the Yorkshire 3 peaks for the first time in a few weeks as part of the Pennine Barrier race.
Shortest river in England the Semmer .
One of my older daughter's mates is coming over from the middle east in the "summer", we intend to do Cow Green to Dufton >

Last edited:
Best way up scafell for me is from seathwaite and then back the north corridor route.
Id agree with that, make a loop of it, we went up grains Gill route and didn’t really see anyone till we made the top of scafell pike, which was busy, then back down the corridor route with cracking views across to great gable.
Staying in the Newlands valley for a few days in June and hope to get a couple of good walks in, have already done the Newlands horseshoe. Anyone recommend any from there?

Last edited:
Just got back to the car from doing the CMD arête route round Ben Nevis. 14 mile over 8 hours. First and last climb are absolutely grim like:lol: we went straight up the first peak instead of going through the valley and cutting onto the ledge like most seemed to have done, was very hard tbf. The technical bits of climbing between ascends is good fun like. covered in snow at the top made for tricky walking. But easy wonder back down - absolutely goosed.

Looking to do some Shannendoah Valley hikes early Autumn once the Virginia move is sorted. Before I leave NJ I am looking to hike around Buttermilk Falls and maybe Mt. Tammany

I just saw this. Where are you going in VA? I grew up in DC and went to UVA, so I have a lot of experience on the trails all along the Valley (and will be hitting one tomorrow, albeit further south).
Class that. Definitely doing that.
It's worth it. The whole area is gorgeous. I've been thinking about taking my oldest on the walk from Fort William to Inverness for her first multi-day (so wanted to do something very easy). Carried her up Ben Nevis in a carrier pack.

Last edited:
I just saw this. Where are you going in VA? I grew up in DC and went to UVA, so I have a lot of experience on the trails all along the Valley (and will be hitting one tomorrow, albeit further south).

It's worth it. The whole area is gorgeous. I've been thinking about taking my oldest on the walk from Fort William to Inverness for her first multi-day (so wanted to do something very easy). Carried her up Ben Nevis in a carrier pack.
Moving to Virginia Beach area, maybe Chesapeake. Should be there by the end of the summer with a bit of luck.

Note spectacular but a lovely walk none the less, doing an 11 miler around Blair Atholl... just a beautiful walk

and when the weather is nice, because it’s just up the road.. a wander up and around Simonside hills with a stop off for a brew on the way home in rothbury

Moving to Virginia Beach area, maybe Chesapeake. Should be there by the end of the summer with a bit of luck.

Bit of a drive from down there, but if you time it right to dodge Richmond traffic (which is laughable compared to New York, but still not zero), you have some good stuff straight out 64 or up or down 81 just a bit. Especially nice once the leaves start turning, which is more of a mid/late October thing down that way,

Last edited:
Im doing Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis in the next few month. Looking for a bit inspiration too. Did a cracking walk last week in the dales over by semmerwater and Hawes. Snowed like.

Logon or register to see this image
Scafell Pike end of the month. I'm really excited about it. Never done anything like this before. Not really fond of camping, especially tents, but with us actually going to do something im feeling differently about it. Cant wait haha

Last edited:

Back