Which gym would be my best bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaham Towny

Striker
I'm a student, I live in Hendon next to the cheers pub and I don't drive.

Looking to join a gym for a couple months in terms of distance, cost, quality are there any gyms anyone could recommend I go to?

Looking to join a gym for a couple months in terms of distance, cost, quality are there any gyms anyone could recommend I go to?

Fitness 2000 is the best gym in Sunderland, imo.

If you can be arsed to walk there, like.

Ive just joined the university gym. Not a bad gym. Full of blurt 'narl.

What are your goals?

Get fitter and add tone?

Are those goals? I'm new to this

I'm asking because a lot of people waste money on gym memberships when they're not needed.

If you want to get fitter then there is no better exercise than running. Also, you can't add tone. Toning is related to body fat percentage, which running will also help with.

If you're referring to tone in the muscular sense then incorporate compound exercises into your training with running.

Compound exercises are squats, deadlifts, press (in any variation). They work your central nervous system, which in turn works every muscle group available.

Hunk said:
I'm asking because a lot of people waste money on gym memberships when they're not needed.

If you want to get fitter then there is no better exercise than running. Also, you can't add tone. Toning is related to body fat percentage, which running will also help with.

If you're referring to tone in the muscular sense then incorporate compound exercises into your training with running.

Compound exercises are squats, deadlifts, press (in any variation). They work your central nervous system, which in turn works every muscle group available.

Thanks mate. Good advice.

I'd encourage you to largely disregard any advice that is offered at Fitness 2000 by the celltech bashing broscientists.

I went to Elite gym in Southwick today with my mate and it was canny, £125 for a year membership. I paid £3 today for a one off, may be worth a try mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back