Which council dept. takes care of trees?

ouro

Striker
I have been on the Sunderland council website but can't find the relevant section. There is a tree on the grass verge behind our garden fence that is well on the way to falling down. When it goes it will land in my garden, taking the fence down on the way. Whee do I contact to cut the fucker down before that happens?

I have been on the Sunderland council website but can't find the relevant section. There is a tree on the grass verge behind our garden fence that is well on the way to falling down. When it goes it will land in my garden, taking the fence down on the way. Whee do I contact to cut the fucker down before that happens?
It's your fence yer worried about, get yer hand in yer pocket and fork out for a tree surgeon FFS, council got enough on their plates

Is it Sunderland Council land or Gentoo's??
Gentoo have their own arborists.

The council love cutting trees down, i expect it'll be the biggest dept in the Civic and they'll dash out to do it tomorrow.

But protocol has to be followed and getting in touch has to be a pain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You’ll struggle. Most councils are ramping up their canopy. Newcastle is currently at 19% and it wants to be at 22% before 2022. Most of them will have TPO on them so unless it’s diseased you’ll not get it down. They can even do you for trimming it because it’ll unbalance it and potentially make it worse.

One good storm will have it over mate, I'm doing them a favour giving them a chance to prevent further damage.

Report it via fix my street, I find sunderland council very responsive, pot hoes I report are usually fixed within days, took a little longer when I complained that’s dog poo bin hadn’t been emptied but then did it.

One good storm will have it over mate, I'm doing them a favour giving them a chance to prevent further damage.
Maybe but they’ll do everything to keep it up. People go absolutely mental about trees interfering with their sky or hanging over their gardens etc. Not suggesting you’re wrong but it can get exasperating if they aren’t 100% sure. Be prepared to be sick of them.

Fuck them, if it goes over and knacks my fence it will be nowhere near my house. They can buy me a nice new fence afterwards.

Back