Which Computer game have you spent the longest playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currently playing ARK on the ps4, been putting a solid 4 plus hours a night in and a good chunk of weekends. It's madly addictive

CoD Black Ops multiplayer (xbox 360), still prestiging these days
Previous long- timers include Borderlands 1 & 2, Dying Light, GTA 3, San Andreas and Vice City, Goldeneye, ISS 1998, Mario Kart (all platforms), Syndicate (amiga 1200), Double Dragon (Amiga again), Hypersports, Atic Atac, Jetpac

Fuck I'm old

Spent a shameful amount of time on World of Warcraft between around 2005 and 2010. :oops:

It was kind of a low few years, no relationship at the time, would play WoW, sleep, go to work, come home, eat, play WoW, sleep, repeat for nearly all the week, then bumper sessions on it at the weekend.

Computer problems left me unable to play one day and I was distraught thinking about how my character was going to fall behind if he wasn't going out on his daily quests. Then decided to leave it and never looked back, was scary how reliant I was.

Spent a shameful amount of time on World of Warcraft between around 2005 and 2010. :oops:

It was kind of a low few years, no relationship at the time, would play WoW, sleep, go to work, come home, eat, play WoW, sleep, repeat for nearly all the week, then bumper sessions on it at the weekend.

Computer problems left me unable to play one day and I was distraught thinking about how my character was going to fall behind if he wasn't going out on his daily quests. Then decided to leave it and never looked back, was scary how reliant I was.

Games are incredibly addictive.
Destiny, I know had psychologists on the design team to deliberately make it as addictive as possible.

Rise of Nations and Age of Mythology for me.

they were unreal games
They were, along with Age of Empires.
Also add Empire Earth 2 to that. Slightly more tactical and unit based.

All of which can be bought for almost nothing if you sign up for isthereanydeal.com and wait for sales. Even full price now they are a steal

Yup. MMORPGs are the worst (best?) for game addiction. As I said earlier, I've almost clocked 10K hours on mine, EQ2 over the last 12-13 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back