Which city has given the world...

Toronto - some on here knaaar.
Rush?
Toronto - some on here knaaar.
Oh yes.
Got into them around the 'Farewell to Kings' stage.

Only ever saw them twice - Stafford Bingley Hall 1979, and Newcastle City Hall 1980

The stafford one was a great weekend.
Friday Night - Rush at Stafford
Saturday - Derby 1 Boro 0 (Bloody Typical)
Saturday Night - Saxon at Nottingham Boat Club

Last edited:
Rush?

Oh yes.
Got into them around the 'Farewell to Kings' stage.

Only ever saw them twice - Stafford Bingley Hall 1979, and Newcastle City Hall 1980

The stafford one was a great weekend.
Friday Night - Rush at Stafford
Saturday - Derby 1 Boro 0 (Bloody Typical)
Saturday Night - Saxon at Nottingham Boat Club
I got into them around 1980. Had a ticket for Moving Pictures tour but couldn’t go. First time live was Signals at Birmingham NEC. Then I think 1987 - Hold Your Fire or possibly Power Windows. Then It was the Vapour Trails tour and lastly Snakes and Arrows. The last two I went with a mate that I worked with who is currently doing 25 years for murder.
They are the only band that ever meant anything to me.
I listen to and like other bands, AC/DC for example are excellent. I loved Scorpions as a teenager and the classic lineup Motörhead albums are some of the best around. No Sleep Til Hammersmith is an awesome live album. Rainbow when Dio was the singer and Black Sabbath with Ozzy are up there as well but Rush we’re head and shoulders above them all and I don’t mind admitting that a tear formed when I heard of Neil Pearts death last year and I’m not an emotional person at all.

Last edited:
I got into them around 1980. Had a ticket for Moving Pictures tour but couldn’t go. First time live was Signals at Birmingham NEC. Then I think 1987 - Hold Your Fire or possibly Power Windows. Then It was the Vapour Trails tour and lastly Snakes and Arrows. The last two I went with a mate that I worked with who is currently doing 25 years for murder.
They are the only band that ever meant anything to me.
I listen to and like other bands, AC/DC for example are excellent. I loved Scorpions as a teenager and the classic lineup Motörhead albums are some of the best around. No Sleep Til Hammersmith is an awesome live album. Rainbow when Dio was the singer and Black Sabbath with Ozzy are up there as well but Rush we’re head and shoulders above them all and I don’t mind admitting that a tear formed when I heard of Neil Pearts death last year and I’m not an emotional person at all.
So Toronto is the best city for music because they gave us Rush? :lol: :lol:

In the real world, London and Manchester in the UK, the US has so many for so many different types of music but NYC, New Orleans and Chicago for variety. Berlin has been massively influential. Oh, and Toronto because 2/3 of Rush come from there.

So Toronto is the best city for music because they gave us Rush? :lol: :lol:

In the real world, London and Manchester in the UK, the US has so many for so many different types of music but NYC, New Orleans and Chicago for variety. Berlin has been massively influential. Oh, and Toronto because 2/3 of Rush come from there.
That’s the thing about internet message boards. They can’t quite convey the subtle nuances of the English language (or any language for that matter) or how the writer would like their words to be read.
Neither can they cater for the intellectual capacity of the reader of those words. 😬

Liverpool. Apart from the obvious.
Wylie
MacCullouch
Power
Cope
Head(John and Mick)
Costello
Mavers
Burns
Christian x3
Broudie
Skelly
Almost all of them still pumping out the tunes.

Back