Whey protein

Is whey protein good for building muscle only, or does it help limit appetite/ general body conditioning ?
most of them are zero sugar I think ?

I tend to go for myprotein unflavoured and currently priced around £35 for 2.5kg refill pouches. The older I get the less I like the various flavoured variants.

Is whey protein good for building muscle only, or does it help limit appetite/ general body conditioning ?

To answer this question you need to read up on what protein is and what it does, then the different variants such as whey, caesin etc. A comprehensive answer will take a fair amount of time to write and there are plenty of existing articles on line you can read. Hint: avoid reading articles on web sites that are trying to sell you stuff.

Last edited:

Not sure what you’re getting at with this really? It’s a form of protein to be used as a dietary supplement, so should really be thought of as a food.

It’s going to do less to suppress your appetite than a meal would.

Protein is for growth and carbs are for energy. I’m oversimplifying but you need energy to fuel your exercise and protein helps convert that exercise into cell regeneration and growth.

Perhaps you’re referring to the body having to work a little harder to process protein than it does carbs

Back