Where's these championship players then?

Owner has done a phenomenal job behind the scenes but lately it seems as if they’ll say anything to temporarily shut the fans up.

Said it on another thread......I can't help but find the owners engaging and interesting when they talk but people need to realise a lot of it is just soundbites and not to take everyhting they say as gospel

Nee good there.. We need some of them here, like our owner said we'd do..

Or was it bollocks??

probably a half truth ......we are interested in some championship players and will have to wait and see what the crack is after the deadline, I doubt we actually have anyone 'lined up' though.

one thing is for certain regardless of additions without a change in approach/outlook from the manager this year is going to be another frustrating time in the 3rd tier. I've defended him mostly but we seem to be regressing and I think that other managers out there both in and out of work at present could get a better tune out of the current group

I can see where this is heading. Just like January promises were made and Donald ended up with Wigan having his pants down over Grigg and every other club doubling or trebling their valuations of strikers. My money is on him panicking again as the window closes and allowing Coton and Ross (assuming he has any say) to waste even more money on overpriced unsuitable players. Better to sack Ross and keep any money that might be available for someone else to spend.

It's up to players if they want to come he too you know, we can't force them to come here and there were a couple of players last seson last season who turned us down from this league.

I don't think we're the pull that many of our fans would like to think we are at times and a lot of lads down south want to stay down that way....it won't be as easy as some make out.

Stewart thought we would be straight up into the Championship, he sells on for abit of profit for himself, hasn't worked out the way he likes now he deletes Twitter for a few weeks and keeps schtum. Been very poor in recruitment this transfer window, clearly nowhere near good enough, needs investment from somewhere, thought Santori was going to help out but looks like he is out anarl.

All indicators would suggest they’re looking to move on as quickly as possible. Minimal communication, nothing but absolute necessity in terms of investment in the squad, no progress on the renovation of Black Cat House into a club shop (he was very vocal about this last year).

Is there a quote from the owner saying we were signing Championship players?

He said in an interview with Roker Report that we were waiting for the transfer deadline in the championship to pass as it could be that some of our targets might not get moves to a higher level that they were hoping/looking for

He said in an interview with Roker Report that we were waiting for the transfer deadline in the championship to pass as it could be that some of our targets might not get moves to a higher level that they were hoping/looking for
Ah ok. Well, some interesting days ahead then - to be fair, it makes sense to keep your powder dry until such times as PL and Championship clubs have finalised their squads and we can maybe take advantage of some clubs being overstocked in certain areas.

Back