Where to find those looking for work....

Hi SMB,
we keep hearing there are lot of people looking for work. I’m yet to find them.

I’ve been looking to recruit this past 2 weeks, and I’m struggling.....
Maybe I need to understand where to look???

I’ve only been Looking on linked in.
I’m not permitted to use a recruitment consultancy with my employer.

I’m after a data analyst, very basic sql is a bonus, good excel modelling, resource planning, and able to show they have workEd with and influenced management with data.

Do you put the remuneration package on your initial posting on Linked In?
If so, are you being realistic? - or just a shyster wanting to hire on the cheap?
Pay peanuts - you get monkeys.

There'll be a few SAFC footballers looking for alternative employment in June.

They might be better at data analysis.
Do you put the remuneration package on your initial posting on Linked In?
If so, are you being realistic? - or just a shyster wanting to hire on the cheap?
Pay peanuts - you get monkeys.
This, make it attractive enough and who'll get people applying.

Hi SMB,

I’m after a data analyst, very basic sql is a bonus, good excel modelling, resource planning, and able to show they have workEd with and influenced management with data.

Have you posted the job on any sites?

Wait till lockdowns lifted and your local wetherspoons is back open. Most of the daytime drinkers are all brain surgeons and engingeering geniuses waiting for work
Despite getting A-level results of A, B, B, A, it seems that no employer will take a chance on me.
poor effort. Think your comedic career is facing it`s Waterloo

Hi SMB,

Have you heard that the people looking for work have the particular skillset you are looking for? Just because there are people looking for work, it doesn't mean they are looking for your work.
It's like some fat sweaty bloke sat in his pants wondering why he has no success on Tinder despite there being 'loads of single females in your area'.

You're more than likely going to have to find someone who is in work and is willing to move in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe a company who only looks on LinkedIn doesn't give the impression of being the type of company you want to jump ship to.

At the very least I'd make sure it's advertised on job boards like Indeed.

Hi SMB,

Well done you for raising this issue on here with all the recruitment experts we have.

Your selection criteria are vitally important for your firm and for you - your role in getting the right person will be evaluated so I appreciate your concern.

Have you tried Indeed.com?

Big audience for your advert and takes you away from the “contact” based search you are doing on here.

Good luck, I hope you are successful in recruiting the right person.

Back