Where should any initial investment go?

Academy, scouting at all levels, recruitment at all levels, medical, sports science.

Oh and free private jets for exiles to get to games

We've tried that before and ended up where we are because of it
Eh? We were relegated in successive seasons because of the dofs who left 2/3 years before the first relegation? I know they did crap jobs and contributed to the squads but we haven't been much of a success without one.

I know he'll be on a boat load of cash in China but I'd love for us to get Jordi Cruyff in as dof. He did a great job as sports director at Macabbi Haifa (I know so did our last CEO), made them competitive, reinvented their academy in line with Ajax's philosophy, brought on loads of kids and developed players. Exactly what we need to start doing.

Will ploughing money into the academy work, if we are aiming to be a top Prem side, does it work for the top clubs now, I don’t recall that many kids coming through the system.

I may be totally wrong here, it’s more of question than an opinion.

Agreed

We need to ensure that the football club has the proper set up administratively or we are on a hiding to nothing with more Byrneesque type exploits

This is it.

One person needs to be accountable. Not a power struggle with folk just messing about like in the Byrne days.

Its fine Donald saying he isn't the one who chooses the players but he is the one responsible for who is and the remit they're given. He obviously doesn't have the budget or sees the importance of having top quality staff working with an intelligent ethos, so we need someone who does.

Transfer window bolted up until January so no immediate spend there, obviously need to get the scouting and negotiating team sorted in readiness for that.

To make sure we’re still in touch by then a world class strength and conditioning coach to get match preparedness sorted and a proper sports psychologist. Give Ross those and if there’s no improvement by Christmas he has no excuses.

Prozac in the pints....

Monorail, jet packs, roof, theme park, Wenger, Dell global HQ. A £100m gift to the club to overcome FFP by January then,
Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba, Henderson, Pickford.
Anything less and I will flounce off.

I'd get Lord Baden Powell in on Scouting, or Bear Grylls.......someone top end though....pay the cash and get them our there, working towards January.

I really really want Ross to succeed, but I find myself losing more and more patience...so I'd make the move early....but again, pay the cash and get someone established in, it shouldn't need daft amounts to get out of this league, but we seem to be making hard work of it so far.

Back